Google Assistant/Google Home WYZE Vacuum Integration

I got mine to work with IFTTT. For free…

1st: download the Alexa app and have the vaccum setup on there.

2nd: enable the IFTTT trigger skill for Alexa. Free and paid version. Free gives you 3 commands and paid gives you unlimited.

3rd: after following steps open IFTTT app and create a Google assiant command trigger with what ever command word you want.

4th: use the Alexa actions by mkzense service.

5th: make a routine and choose the IFTTT that was added for the “when this happens”.

6th: select start vaccum as the action.

Make sure the applet is online and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I assume this doesn’t give you control over which room it cleans

Is this in the works yet?

1 Like

You actually can have it specify rooms if you’re using the Google assistant > IFTT > Alexa Routine > Wyze skill method outlined above.

The command that’s triggered during the routine would be something like, “Alexa, ask wise vacuum to vacuum my dining room.”

I will add however that when I initially specified the vacuum as “Wyze vacuum” in the written command to Alexa, the routine didn’t work. This drove me crazy because when I asked Alexa to do it directly with my voice all the commands worked fine.

I finally figured out that I could look back at the activity log and see what Alexa understood me to be saying vs when the routine was triggered and Alexa was trying to follow a written command. Turns out you need to call the vaccum “wise vacuum” in text commands as opposed to the actual way the WYZE brand name is spelled. Pretty silly and frustrating but it works great now that I got that sorted.

1 Like

List of Alexa voice commands, in case you haven’t seen them yet:

If I end up wanting more than three commands for the vacuum I’ll probably try the Smartthings methods noted above. For now this is more than adequate though.

It’s nice that IFTT is an option, but it’s a pretty annoying workaround for something that should be built in to the product. Wyze has Google Assistant support for their other products. Instead, they treat the vacuum like it doesn’t exist. Nothing has been added of value to the vacuum since the half-baked map editor was added, but you still can’t define rooms arbitrarily.

1 Like

Totally understand your point.

For better or worse though I still kind of treat any home automation type stuff as a “some assembly required” endeavor. There’s just still such a huge maze of different platforms to have to navigate and account for right now. This unfortunately makes it difficult on both the consumer and the third party hardware/software dev side.

Wyze’s strategy, as well as lot of other tech companies if you think about it (Tesla, Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc.), has always seemed to be get a “functional” product out first, bugs and all, even if it’s somewhat stripped down feature-wise. Reward early adopters with a discounted price, then push updates progressively over time to make things better/add features. If one doesn’t take this approach, by the time the product is actually able to be released with 100% of all of the features it could have, the wave has already been missed and competitors that employed the initial strategy above have already built up their customer base. So in a sense, you’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Please @WyzeTeam this needs to happen.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, this methood is still working. The only problem i had was i had to add the ifttttrigger from my desk top. I couldnt link the accounts with my phone. You can specify a room but you will need to do the premium accounts and some time to program every room. Also with the wyze comands. Spell it (wise) not wyze to get it working right . Great job braden!

1 Like

What’s everyone’s fave vacs that actually work with Google? I’ve been wanting to get a second vac for like 2 years now and I’m sick of waiting.

The Roomba does. It works pretty damn good too.

Wrote review expressing that I was happy with what the product currently did, but was really upset that they pitch features at launch that they tend to abandon, and wyze refused to post the review because they didn’t agree with it.

Done with their products. That’s sketchy AF.

I don’t see why the Wyze Robot Vac can’t have this feature (or why it didn’t already come with this feature); it came with Amazon Alexa integration. I fully support this request!

4 Likes

Agreed, this might be a hot/controversial take but smart products should launch with BOTH alexa and google assistant, or delay it until they work.

3 Likes

Waited 2 years for this. There’s a $600 shark vac on Amazon right now for $299. Has LiDAR mapping, self empty and Google integration. Went with that one instead.

I can’t believe we’re still waiting for this very basic feature. Pretty much every other wyze product has Google Assistant support, but not the vacuum?

Wyze, do you have any comment?

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like wyze has ever responded to any of the threads about this. I doubt the are paying attention at this point.

1 Like

I too was a Google user before Wyze. I would like to see more intergration with Google for not just the vacuum but the floodlights as well. Keep up the good work and I hope to see these intergrations in the future.

1 Like

Wyze looks to be in bed with an Amazon and Google competitor now so I doubt you’ll ever see this. Roku doesn’t even let Android devices cast to them.

Thanks for letting us know about the Shark Vacuum with built in LiDAR mapping!
When it comes to Wyze adding the Google assistant feature to the Wyze Vac. I guess we just have to wait/be patient and see if they do it. At least it still has Amazon Alexus built into it which I have yet to try.