Forum Operations Feedback Thread

I turned off the email notifications in the preferences, and I do not receive any emails.

1 Like

ok maybe i’m crazy,. but this is new…these setting options were different this morning when i posted this
I now have an option to set topics i reply to as “whatever”

5 Likes

Cool! Glad it is working for you now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Me to , turned off the email notifications a long time ago

1 Like

Suggestion - when adding a tag of “maybe-later” please add comments on why. This would provide more context on if there wasn’t enough use case detail put in or what direction it is going.

First off - I love the simplicity and ease of use with the Wyze Android app, but the forum navigation is maddening. When I click on Account to get to the forums all is great until you use the native back “button” and get thrown back into the account screen of the app - not the most recent forum location.
The back button should take you back to your most recent forum location like you would expect from every other Android app when using the back button.

4 Likes

I known what you mean. The so-called back button, is more like an eject button that kicks you out of the forum completely. :roll_eyes:
If this can be fixed, it would be a great improvement to the forum.

1 Like

I’m not an Android-er, but is this (which is supposed to have been fixed) the same problem?

1 Like

No this is not what I was referring to. Navigation from within the app is fine. The non-intuitive navigation is only when you’re in the forums.

2 Likes

@Loki Yes, same problem. It is not fixed on my Android devices. My phone and tablet both are still doing it. When I hit the back arrow button top left it kicks me out of the forum and takes me to the Wyze app. I end up on the Help & Feedback section in the app every time. I have to tap on forum icon to get back in.

Edit: On second thought, it may not be the same thing. It doesn’t exit the app just forum.

1 Like

No, that is somewhat different. The post I cited talks about getting kicked all the way out of the app. In the meantime, how about just making a bookmark so you can go directly to the forum on your mobile browser.

1 Like

I’m use to it now anyway. That is what I have been doing using the bookmark. At least I can find the last thread I was on that way. When I’m on my Windows pc it isn’t problem. It works fine.

1 Like

@brighac, the maybe-later tag is the catch all for stuff that we aren’t currently working on but could feasibly happen later. There’s another one for probably-not features and products and we always give reasoning there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen - do the SERVICE STATUS UPDATEs show up as a new item when one selects the “hamburger menu” and either New or Unread? If not they should.

I missed the Service Status & Known Issues announcement of the SD card resistor problem, as I expect many others did.

1 Like

That’s over on the support site and separate from the community forum.

Here’s the direct link:

1 Like

Perhaps service status updates should be included in News from Wyze.

The resistor issue is posted as a sticky in the Wyze News category:

1 Like

It is now, wasn’t this early a.m.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen, @Loki - in the statement “This community is primarily for member interactions. Please go to the official support site for product guides and more help from Wyze.” Could you make the official support site a hyperlink?

4 Likes