Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

It’s a rainy day here and I’m bored so he’s a really nice picture of my backyard on my freaking $20 at WYZE camera

image.png

Yeah just pray you don’t have to search for a certain time frame when something occurred . You will be eating up all that bored time searching and watching on that $20 dollar camera with NO Fast forward… :smile:

I think you’re full of [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

3 Likes

Now Wyze has joined the community of people that feel the need to censor others expressions. This country is going down a dark and evil path.

The posts were abusive and had no place here, it’s not evil to enforce the rules that were set-forth.

Abusive is a word that is abused these days. It really comes down to one person with power to censor doesn’t agree with another so those comments are censored.

Please don’t shoot the messenger on this…first amendment only guarantees that the government will not prevent freedom of expression. These forums are a private endeavour and the companies that run them set the rules and enforce them, not the government.

3 Likes

Yes and last century private libraries banned books and books were burned. We learned that was not good. But here we go again. Dr. Seuss banned. Statues torn down on public and private ground. Censorship is not good no matter who does it. But since this is off the topic of Wyze equipment, I’m sure the censors will take this down too.

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

9 Likes

So I tried the Nest doorbell for 4th of July weekend because I wanted to test what you get without paying for the subscription service. So far it has accurately captured package detection, people walking by. It has ignored moving bushes and trees and sounds coming from far away. I was surprised that it will start recognizing familiar faces even in the free version and will start announcing “(this person) is at the door” The timeline features are also very cool, scrubbing through footage is really fast, the activity is marked (only the motion activity I think) and it’s much easier to get to motion events by just dragging. The camera quality might be slightly better but the fish eye captures more of the front porch area than Wyze. One thing Nest does is use your existing door bell chime, I do like Wyze’s option to change the chime sound to something different. The door bell itself is bulkier than Wyze but it looks more like a doorbell with an obvious button. Also the alerts have been great, I really like the animated gifs that are sent in the notification so you can quickly see if it’s something you need to address right away. The upfront cost is much more expensive but what you get without paying for their subscription in my experience so far is a much richer feature set in my opinion. .just wanted to share my thoughts…

November 2018 seems like such a long time ago. I guess I will save the video and open in another program. Reviewing any footage / issues within the wyze app requires real time. Its not feasible. I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed. Its one think to be able to create great tech its another thing to make it useable I guess.

Lets us all know what program you use?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

I’ve read that the Nest Doorbell will automatically display its video stream on the Google Home Hub…

Were you able to test that?

It does you can watch it instantly. Also if you click on the notification on the phone it loads in the app right away.

@UserCustomerGwen any update on this? does Wyze have plans to improve the software in Q3?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Wyze Ear Buds Pro Delivery?

Was there any updates on this issue? Fast Forward/Rewind in playback.