Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

WAKE UP since this is what’s really happening guys. Wyze doesnt want to add a fast forward function because it’s too complicated and costly for them. They would rather do what they have been doing which is to continue to make easy money selling to new customers because of their cheap prices while also hiding the fact that they dont have a forward option which every customer like us just assumed it would be available. The real problem is people aren’t properly rating the product when it should really be a 2-3 star out of 5 since not having this feature is very annoying to go with the fact that the Event feature doesnt always work. Guaranteed the more negative feedback reviews they get on Amazon the more inclined they’ll be to finally make the change later so everyone please, give them the negative ratings l they deserve for ignoring this common complaint for YEARS!

Whatever the reason for Wyze not adding this feature is their prerogative, they did partially add this functionality. They’re not just trying to appeal to new customers, I’ve been a customer since launch, 3 years ago, many others here have been too. Never assume a product will have a feature you want, do your research. We are all consumers and have choices. Don’t like the fact there’s no fast forward in playback? You can certainly choose to buy another product.

This was helpful. Obvious thing is obvious. Great job.

Why would anyone assume a feature is available unless it’s listed in a feature list or they research before purchased?

1 Like

You’re referring to FF/rewind? Are you serious? Since when is that not expected on any video recording system? The fact that you can record video entails the idea that you will intend to review the video, which has historically, and essentially ubiquitously, always included FF/rewind. “Yeah, I want to record video, but I don’t actually want a utility to look through the video that makes it useful.”

What you’re saying is like if you order ice cream from an ice cream shop, and when they serve you they try to plop the scoop of ice cream right into your open hand. Then when you ask where the cone or cup is, the server tells you they don’t have those and why would you expect to get something that wasn’t a listed component in your research of the menu.

Some court rulings are even based on reasonable expectation for certain concepts.

The people in this thread arguing that FF/rewind shouldn’t be expected in this video recording system are just being annoyingly and unfoundedly contrarian.

2 Likes

Well said cloudoftime. I wouldnt be surprised if most of them are fake customers that actually work for Wyze and are just here to upsell or justify why it’s ok not having a fast forward option. Makes no sense whatsoever

Here here!! Thank you cloudoftime!!

Valid. Valid.

What I’m wondering about is originally Wyze told us that the limitation was the hardware not being able to do the processing in camera. So now we have gen 3 for this camera, has the hardware been improved to resolve this? If no effort was made then that gives us a good indication of their long term priorities. As much as I enjoy headphones (which apparently was at the top of their priorities??) and sprinkler systems, I’d much rather have thoughtful software paired with great hardware.

1 Like

You can whine all you want about this missing feature but it’s been 3 years since the first wyzecam and it’s still not implemented. How are you going to complain about a feature that has never existed on this product? So what it’s on other devices, if it’s that important to you, then move on. Gwendolyn has stated numerous times that the issue is the file management system. If it’s all just a ploy to push people to cam+ then so be it. They can run the company as they see fit.

Yup Ken S definitely works for Wyze or his daddy owns part of it. Why else would he be wasting his time trying to defend them when he could be doing something better with his time. What every other normal person in this forum has in common, is that we want Wyze to improve and make it better by adding the forward feature. Not only because it should have always been available but mainly as well because they’ve been saying it for over 3 years that they were working on making this work but nothing has changed yet. You can tell they get alot of feedback about this since the replies to this category continues to grow and grow with more and more people commenting about the same thing. This is probably why they made this forum so that people can go here to complain about it instead of going directly to them since they’re already overwhelmed. Again, the only way they’re going to actually do something is when the ratings and sales starts to drop. As long as they continue to make money, they will keep this same direction. Unless we work together in giving them a more honest review on Amazon, then they will stick to doing the same thing and target new customers and then forget about them after like they did with us. Again if they haven’t forgot about us, then why isn’t this feature available yet and why are there thousands of replies here of people still asking about it after 3+ years. (to Ken S dont bother responding since we already know what you’re gonna say)

Haha, nice fairy tale. I was literally the first one to reply in this thread 2 years ago, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m a realist, if the feature was doable it would have been done by now. Face it, it’s not gonna happen. These cams were sold without this feature so you have nothing to complain about if it’s not added. Yes, it was a feature I was wanting but no big deal, I’m not gonna cry about it.

Ken S if you’re convinced it’s never gonna happen then why are you still on this thread and actively responding? You’re only proving my claim more that you work for Wyze otherwise why wouldn’t you be doing something more productive then respond back to people here just to tell them it’s not gonna happen and to deal with it. Find another forum to talk about something else since this forum is supposed to only be for people to come together to voice their concerns about a common complaint and find a solution so we can finally stop talking about it too. (But once again I bet you’re gonna respond back since it’s probably part of your wyze job to respond to every reply right? Forget I asked, just stop responding already)

Some posts are getting very close to stepping over the edge of the Community Guidelines , specifically the following sections.

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

Let’s all be kind to each other and keep to discussing the topics rather than the individuals.

3 Likes

Fine! Then here comes all the [Mod Edit] reviews! I wonder how well all their other products will do when all the bad reviews start up.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Mods should give serious consideration to bans on any user that engages in ad hominem attacks. There are people in this thread with varying experiences, but it continues to devolve when someone decides that the opinion of the other poster is not their own.

If users cannot be respectful then we as a community should enforce it and demand it. This is the second time I’ve seen a respected member of our community be attacked over ultimately nothing. It’s sickening and toxic.

Mute the nick, ban the nick, ban the IP, enforce some type of content moderation because the trolling is getting out of hand. I shouldn’t have to block every user and know there’s continued defamatory content being created.

I only responded because YOU replied directly to one of my earlier posts, otherwise I would have just ignored your rant. Of course you can think what you want. I do still hope this feature will still be implemented but it’s on the wishlist for a reason, it’s just a wish.

I agree with the comment earlier about just wanting to improve the experience. I only want positive things, I think many of the the Amazon reviews echo that improving the software will really elevate the hardware.

Adding my +1 here… New wyze user, just bought 3 cams to start off… Am absolutely shocked that there is no FF/RW feature built in to the app. I am looking for a ~10s event (of my dog…) that was not captured as an event. I know where it should be within a ~3 hour window at the moment. So now I need to sit here and watch 3 hours of video to find it?! what???

FF is an expected feature of any video platform. IMO Wyze engineering should literally not be working on anything else until this gets implemented. Other features like pet detection are nice to have, but you have to get the basics done first…

Lacking a FF feature might be acceptable short term if there were a way to access the videos from a PC without removing the SD card so that you could use some other software (like VLC) to review the footage… But even basic remote filesystem access (Eg, FTP, SFTP, SMB, etc) to the SD card isn’t included. So we’re left with no options with the stock firmware that actually make reviewing footage a reasonable thing to do. Please prioritize this!

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of WYZE. You can join the Wyze world of “gee I wish they had a fast forward. It has been like that since they sold their 1st camera.”

I just subscribed to cam plus, and it has 2x and 4x fast forward.
The motion videos are uploaded to wyze, and then downloaded to the phone from wyze when you open the wyze app. so the ff is done on the phone.

one caveat is when you sign up for cam plus, the service is delayed even though the renewal date remains at exactly 1 year from day you signed up. The delay can be up to a week. I have not seen them give credit for days they took payment but did not provide the service.