Error Code 13?

I have this problem with my v2 cameras and cam pan cams. The v3 cameras work fine and all are on the same network. It is driving me crazy. What’s the point of having them if they don’t connect or on the rare occasion they do connect don’t stay connected? Is it the firmware. I have my network split with 2 5G and 1 2.4. They are all on the 2.4 network.

I have 9 cameras, all V2 or V3, and I get this error CONSTANTLY. To the point where I am ready to chuck them and go with another brand. They used to function fine, so this is something as a result of one of the firmware updates. I have done all the restarting and installing fresh and all the nonsense to try and fix them, and I have bandwidth to spare here, and the cameras are the only things using the wireless other than my phone and iPad.

This is camera functionality 101. Right now, these things are basically useless to me because 85% of the time at least 4 of them are offline.

2 Likes

Yea I get this all the time with my cameras now, too. No changes on my end. No amount of resetting/reconfiguring fixes them. Support is useless.

Wyze vacuum also letting me down—totally clean filters and unit but still no suction.

This brand nailed marketing and price point but they’ve yet to figure out how to vet engineers. :roll_eyes:

Yes, I keep getting this Error Code 13 as well. Currently both of my outdoor cameras are throwing this error code. I believe that it has to do with the latest update. Because neither of my cameras are working.

This just started for me. Only have 2 cameras (v3). Started as a -90 error. I reset power, made sure Wyze power transformer working ok. Camera was very slow, but came back online for a minute (maybe?), then off again, this time reported by app as “error code: 13”. Should this device show up on my wifi network as a device? I’m using Nirsoft ‘Wireless Network Watcher’ and it DOESN’T show up; the other camera that is working does. I’m going to get a ladder out now and remove the microSD to make sure it’s not it, before resetting the camera . . . :frowning: BTW, cameras are less than 1 year old, outside – but under overhang so get air moisture but no direct rain/snow. Other info: latest fw and app.

UPDATE: After a “ladder visit”, brought the camera back inside my house. Removed the microSD and plugged into Windows 10 box – immediately received an error, and prompted to let Windows fix the “drive”. Did this, with no errors, but also no more errors plugging it into Windows :slight_smile: Had plugged in the camera and it seemed to be operating properly – could see it via the app. It also appears on the list of wifi devices, too :slight_smile: Shut off the camera, put the microSD back into the camera. Powered up fine and connected to camera via the app. Pointed it at my computer monitor – read email. Looked to see and the camera had recorded video, which looked fine. Going to leave it on for an hour or so just to make sure it’s ok, before doing a “ladder roll” :slight_smile:

Update 2: Over 24 hours and all is working fine :slight_smile: I was able to play video recorded on the microSD today,