Door & window sensor chimes

I just ditched alarm.com based system for this. This is probably the top1 feature my family is complaining about. The system should allow us to pick when a sensor (contact/motion) should announce on the speaker on the hub. We also have a doorbell - that speaker could also be shared with home hub to make announcements.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any workaround here? This seems like such as simple ask… Can’t find a simple chime device that can be triggered via IFTTT recipe from Wyze sensor.

Need to monitor movement of elderly and would be nice to be able to utilize existing Wyze ecosystem rather than investing in some other solution.

Has anyone tried contacting Wyze Customer support about this? I’m sure they can just do a firmware update to have a chime when a sensor is opened or closed.

I was just saying the same thing

I just noticed today that my Alexa alert routines are now working. The only problem is they take a few seconds to announce what door was opened. I’d rather the alerts come through the Hub or my key pad. I assume they would be a bit quicker. It’s still nice that my Alexa Fire Tab now announces what door was opened or if there is movement in my mailbox.

How did you make Alexa announce the door opening? I have it set in Alexa and can test Alexa, but when opening the door nothing is said by Alexa. Also would like for All of my Alexas to announce. Can you help.

As far as I can tell in the app, you can only chose one Alexa device per routine. You would need to create a duplicate routine and then change the device in your duplicate routine. For instance I have two routines for my carport door. They are the same except one announces on my Echo Input and the other one on my Fire tablet.
For a while I had the same results as you but one day last week it all started working. I think maybe the apps updated. I see others on the forum reporting the same thing. One day it just started working. Try updating both your Wyze and Amazon apps.

I guess I don’t know how to set it up I went to the Alexa app and went into routines and create a routine when the sensor opens to play iMessage on one of my Echo Dot

Has there been any progress on sensor chimes? I’m in the same group of people who want to switch from Simpli Safe to Wyze.