Disable voice alerts/mute option/silent setting on vacuum

Strange… I’m running beta 1.6.113 and still get voice alerts.

1 Like

This Do Not Disturb Mode would lower or silence voice alerts and turn down the brightness of the robot’s lights. Please add the option to turn it on manually or automatically.

1 Like

This would be fixed with the Do Not Disturb mode, but also sometimes you just want the voice to be quieter all the time. I like the voice it currently has, but options would be pretty nice as well.

After running quick mapping today for the mapping giveaway, I now hear the voice alerts again. :frowning: Weird that it started doing that again.

The new Beta FW (v1.6.126) does indeed allow you to turn off the audio alerts. I believe you also need to be running the beta app. Under the vacuum settings select Do Not Disturb and select Turn off voice prompts. This has been working wonderfully for me.

2 Likes

Hi, I have version 1.6.126, and that option is nowhere to be found.

What version of the android app do you have? Is it the latest beta? I have 2.20.3.

1 Like

I am also running android 2.20.3.

I’ve been waiting for this…makes my dogs bark at all hours of the night whenever there is a power blip.

The answer you want is in this link.

Now the voice prompts will not disturb your sweet dreams if your vacuum needs to work at night! You can find this toggle by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Turn off voice prompts.

1 Like

I’m just curious how that simple of a task took 6 months to add.

Any idea when I won’t need beta version to have this feature? Thanks, Joe

I would also like this option in the non-beta app. The voice is jarring and disruptive.

I just got my Vacuum and these voice prompts are annoying! Is there any plans to provide option to disable it? I am on iOS App version 2.28.0 and firmware version 1.6.113

Go to the vacuum and Settings > Do Not Disturb > Turn off voice prompts

User can’t do that running firmware 1.6.113. It requires version 1.6.126 minimum which has been halted.

1 Like

Please revive this firmware or at least implement just this one setting in a tiny release. The vacuum voice is way too loud.

1 Like

Seriously I have had my vac for years and not one firmware update. Even if it only had turn off the stupid voice it would be a huge update.

I’ve read that the update might cause some issues with some models, but would certainly be nice for everyone who signs up for beta to get it. Seems like when you’re in beta testing, you’re accepting those risks.

Source:

Can you please add this feature to DoorBell Pro Chime ? Last night we lost the power 3 times, and the Chime Voice was really anoying, we heard CONNECTED 3 times, really loud, middle of the night, :Please add a DoNot Disturb ASAP. Tx