Different Alert Sound For Wyze Notifications

maybe-later

I agree I don’t always check My alerts From my wyze cams right away But if I hear the other sound from my other brand cameras I know I need to check because I very rarely get a false alert from them , they are PIR

2 Likes

“Settings>Notifications>Wyze>Wyze Normal>Sound” is not available on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) either. I will check out the app you mentioned.

Thx for the tip on later certainly of Android. That at least got me a unique sound for Wyze. I still would like to be able to customize sounds per device groups.

On my Huawei Mate 20 lite running Android 8.1.0 is not possible to change the sound for the Wyze cam v2.
I can change it for Messenger, WhatsApp and a few other apps, but not for Wyze.

Is this still not implemented?
If not, when will it be?

It should work on Android 8 . It does on Samsung devices
Go to settings > notifications > wyze > wyze normal > then sound , And select what sound you want .

I found that solution in the thread but there isn’t a Wyze normal option weirdly enough.

This is all I have.

Well that sucks , Don’t forget to go up to the top and vote

Will do :+1:t2:.

Thanks for trying to help though.

1 Like

Are you using Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow?) That’s what I have (6.0.1) and the option to change the sound (Wyze Normal) is not available. Bummer!

Nope, android 8. Soon there will be an update to 9. I hope that will change things.

To get a personalised ringtone on my Samsung android phone I use an app called rings extended which allows me to choose the tone I require. I go to settings - notifications - wyze app and select ringtone.
Without rings extended you cannot assign individual tones to each app as the latest Samsung update removed this function.

Hi,

I installed that app, but I can’t find any option to change the notification tone.

The latest update did not remove that function for my Samsung devices

I did this on my wife’s Samsung phone (Galaxy J7 Prime) a while ago and it works.
In iOS, however, there’s just no way to do it. I would like to have different notification sound options, even custom tones (the latter only Android allows), FOR EACH CAMERA from within the Wyze app.

That way I could set more ‘dramatic’ alerts for more sensitive areas, and more ‘relaxed’ ones for zones that aren’t that critical. In a similar fashion, one could set different notification sounds for cameras, contact, and motion sensors; etc.

This feature would add more value to an already amazing line of products!

1 Like

Be able to change the sounds for different notifications depending on the device