Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

I use the cam exclusively for monitoring an elderly relative who is prone to sleepwalk. Everything works great except the iPhone alert (ping sound) is inadequate to wake me if I am sleeping and there are no available options to change. I understand those options are available on android devices.

I have thought about this, separating sounds and the notifications in general.
For the blending of notifications, I bought an 8 in galaxy tab (basically 100 bucks) mounted it to my fridge and it is the household apps ā€œhomeā€ ie; wyze, nest, smart home, roomba, etc that is it. I turned off all other notifys.
I made the wyze sound like the old home security - a short ā€œbeep beepā€.
The only way I see to make different sounds per wyze device - cam, motion, sensor is to create separate wyze cam app accounts and ONLY add one (or two depending) group(s) and assign a unique sound. That way based on the tone you know what has happened - door open, movement per camera or sense etc.

1 Like

Here is an alternative way

2 Likes

Thank-you,

But the real problem for me is that the Wyze notification on an iPhone is a simple tone, maybe a Ā½ second in length.

That is simply inadequate to draw significant attention or awaken someone. As I mentioned I am using the system, single camera, to monitor and elderly relative who occasionally wanders in the middle of the night. I am not worried about different tones, or tones for different cameras, I want a notification tone that is loud and proud.

I really like the camera; great picture, the low light, motion detectors and notification process all work perfectly. Unfortunately I may be forced to change to a different vendor simply because the inability to change iPhone notification sounds is woefully inadequate for my application of the system.

Tony

Tony Zanatta

1 Like

please***guys, Have it so you can use different sounds for notifications. Weather it be multiple cameras or cameras with the door sensors and motion sensor. I mean is it me or doesnā€™t it make a lot more sense to have the app explain which device triggered instead of having to look at every single device. I love you guys but this is a problem

1 Like

Agreed. And pleeease come up with the ability to make those sounds adjustable on an iPhone. A single ping is insufficient as a notifying mechanism.

1 Like

Iā€™ve receive notifications for dozens of apps on my iPhone - many have a non-default unique alert tone - ESPN, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Finance, CNBC, Pushover, Facebook Messenger, eBay, QuakeFeed, etc. How hard can it be to get a custom sound for Wyze notifications?

2 Likes

I used to speak well of WYZE products to customers (Home Depot) and friends, but the inability to specify notifications has made the app a nuisance.

Itā€™s ABSURD that this hasnā€™t yet been added as a feature to the app!!!

SO MANY APPS including the basic Text Message app on my android phone allows for a distinct sound to be assigned to individual contacts. Iā€™m able to further enhance that ability with an app such as Ringtone Maker or ZEDGE. APPS which allow me to use ANY mp3 file - including my own voice - as a notification.

PLEASE - not only provide for a unique notification for the WYZE APP, but the capability for a unique notification for each and every device!

2 Likes

I agree! What we have understood up until now is how valued Wyze customers are and they want to hear from their users ways to improve the app. Yet, this simple and frequently requested improvement still has no solution. I canā€™t imagine as others have commented that it could be that difficult to do. I already have quite a few Wyze Cams, but only have 2 activated as of yet. I planned to activate all of them - maybe 8 and go out of the country for some time, but in thinking about it, the more cams I have activated (and more money in Wyze pockets!), the more obvious the need is for a different notification alert sound for each cam is.

1 Like

We are listening and continuing to pay attention here. I know that this would take asking for deeper phone level permissions and that there are further complications but I donā€™t have as many details about those.

1 Like

Understood and appreciate your response but why doesnā€™t someone else at Wyze that can answer respond? This complaint has continued to grow among your users but no official or detailed responses. As I mentioned in my complaints a few months ago the Ring app does it. As far as permissions go, we have to allow access to our mic for the wyze app. I cannot see how providing wyze access to provide sound/tone files requiring higher level permissions.
Thanks, Rich

1 Like

Iā€™m the one responding because Iā€™m the Social Media Community Manager. We generally want our devs working on coding and such so a lot of my job is filtering information between Wyze and our community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate your acknowledgement but a majority of your customers are and have been asking , yes for this feature but more then that an explanation why this is not happening and I think the people who purchase your products have a right to know. People are getting fed up. I donā€™t know who your customer relations person is but there not doing there job, This is bad business and unacceptable

1 Like

Yes the ability to customize more aspects of my wyze system would be very beneficial. Being able to set zones with their own alert tone would be great, along with specific tones for specific alerts, for example one for sound notifications & others for motion & finally when person detection returns, the ability to set a specific alert sound for when a person is detected. This would make using wyze as a home security system more useful since while at work I cannot look at my phone everytime a notification prompts but if I know itā€™s an urgent notification I can

1 Like

I would like a separate notification sound for person detection. General motion is probably just my cat; but, a person is cause for checking the app immediately.

1 Like

I would like to change the notification tone To my phone for when the camera is activated

1 Like

This is a huge design flaw and itā€™s not rocket science to fix it. The app itself can play audio in addition to/in place of notifications. Some users at home have cameras and sensors at a business and wonā€™t hear event alarms at the business. So if the place gets robbed at night some little dink-dunk notification sound isnā€™t going to wake anybody up.

Playing devils advocate, the wyze cameras are not yet advertised as a comprehensive security system like what you are comparing them to. Also if you are willing to do the extra trouble shooting you can connect a 3rd party siren & have it alarm by using IFTTT & setting up some automated actions. Itā€™s not as clean as having the features all within the wyze app but it can work. Most of us are hoping wyze will incorporate these devices & services into their system to make it more efficient & effective

I hear you and I agree. I donā€™t regret trying out two of the units to gain experience, Iā€™m testing them at my business in parallel with a professional system, so thereā€™s not much harm if they donā€™t work. I am sure I can figure out a way to augment iPhone alerts if necessary, but Iā€™d much prefer a product that ā€œjust worksā€. Based on what I have learned from testing with Wyze, Iā€™m going to investigate other name brand solutions that cost a bit more, but have some deep pocket R&D behind them. I totally understand wanting to support Wyze and wait for future developments, but my personal decision is to pay more for something that works now.

I just bought a Reolink Argus Eco and their app allows iPhone users to select different notification sounds.

1 Like