Cleaner Air Available with Wyze Air Purifier - 4/12/22

As someone that’s been coughing for a month due to tree pollen allergies and I was finally starting to shop air purifiers the day it was announced. Finally received mine today and I’m somewhat disappointed in their data source for pollen data. The app is showing tree pollen to be “low” but the nearest NAB allergy reporting station to my home indicates that treen pollen levels are still high (and my drainage/cough agrees). I feel like the unit should be running continuously but in auto mode it’s reporting the AQI as good?

![1650840542576|500x500](upload://nRy7McnXVYCWbmcKpy6rSpTVaWJ.jpeg)

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. I will reach out to our contacts at BreezoMeter (data provider) for troubleshooting/clarification.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Seems to be isolated to Grass, but not sure about the weeds as it is still 0 on BreezoMeter and the Wyze App.

2 Likes

I also have most of the Wyze products and I’m very happy with their operation.

1 Like

Seen the question asked a few times in this thread but no answer - any ETA when more will be available and is there somewhere we can sign up to be notified? Baby on the way this summer and we need an air purifier… We would love to buy Wyze but cannot wait forever

I have some updates after talking to BreezoMeter yesterday. Here is what I found:
The Pollen API temporal resolution is 1 day
The Air Quality API temporal resolution is 1 hour
The BreezoMeter application pulls the fresh data in the same manner

If this holds true, one potential factor may be related to the location queried (we need to make sure both Wyze and BreezoMeter lookup the exact same place). Another reason can be that when users see the data it happens to fall on the gap (Breezometer already updated by Wyze has not).
Long story short, we are still investigating and will provide an update when available.

5 Likes

Hi jclotf. Thank you for your support and patience. We are trying the best we can to get the Air Purifier restock but unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA yet. We are also working on enabling the notify me when ready feature. Wyze has recently gone through an e-commerce platform migration so there are some slight delays.

3 Likes

I was told a month or two, i cant wait either, so i am going with coway brand model 250s. I have i ordered yesterday coming tomorrow. Found it on amazon cheaper then from them directly.

Thanks for that. Please note, the Grass has been > 0 for a number of days but it still shows 0 since I hooked them up days ago. I do see the Tree Pollen changing and the AQI changing.

For example:

The Purifier shows:

Grass = 0
Tree = 1
Wees = 0

But BreezoMeter shows

Grass = 1
Tree = 1
Weeds = 0

I can DM the address I am using if needed.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same discrepancies when comparing the counts in the purifier insights to the website.

Screenshot_20220426-140314

I followed the link at the bottom of the insights page, then navigated to the air quality map.

1 Like

Thanks for all your interaction and providing information in here WyzeJason, it’s really appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered mine right be for wyze ran out and still nothing sent yet!!! What’s going on does anyone know why all orders haven’t been fulfilled yet??? Thanks

The first batch ran out, then they kept ordering open for ones that were in route. I managed to get one of those and received mine on Saturday.

Hi was wondering when the filters will be shipped I was able to order one and still have not received anything! Anyone know when they will be sending out the orders already placed?? Thank you

Will this take the stink out of teens’ rooms?

I have one dedicated to my toddler’s room (which also has a diaper pail in it, which does seal closed, but still…it is a bunch of diapers, you know?). We were hoping it would keep the room clear of any diaper smells and it does a fantastic job at that. Even Auto is usually good enough, and if we want it on more we just turn it higher (even just telling Alexa to up the speed on it).

So if it helps with diaper smell in a toddler’s room, I’m sure it can handle teenager B.O…I have a teenager myself…but I am afraid to put one in there because I can’t afford to replace the filter every week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just throwing this out there but it also works well for litter box odors (I got the formaldehyde filter).

2 Likes

YES! I actually specifically have one of mine near our primary litter box area. I didn’t think about a formaldehyde filter for that. :thinking: I am currently using a regular filter and it still helps a ton. I was getting sick of smelling kitty litter in the nearby area and this helps A LOT.

1 Like

UPDATE: I just updated to the latest Beta App (v2.31.0.b137) today and this bug is fixed for the Grass data to now show up. Thanks for working with Breezometer to get that resolved so quickly Wyze. :wink:

Hopefully this will get passed on to everyone in the Production App builds soon.

1 Like

I can confirm mine is correct as well. Fast fix!

1 Like