Camera seems to need access to all photos?

Wyze Terms & Conditions have the standard wording used by all the big tech companies: you “own” your own content, but Wyze has the right to use it in any way possible, anywhere, forever, and to sell it to others. So what is your “ownership” worth? If you have content of value and wish to monetize it, Wyze can do the same and outdo you, or sell it to someone else who sees its value, such as a photo service.

Publishers have screwed writers this way for years: “you own copyright, but we have the exclusive right to exploit that copyright.” That is, your copyright is worthless once you grant rights.

1 Like

Suddenly I can’t download or share my Wyze event videos even with Camplus, because I refuse to give Wyze access to all my photos/ vids. There is no reason Wyze would create this rule unless they are storing our non-Wyze library for profit one way or another, now or in the future. Consumer should be able to download one’s own event video, as the main purpose of having cameras. If Wyze had threat of mass exodus from their service due to this sketchy issue they would surely change this rule.

1 Like

Suddenly? It’s been that way since May 2021. I can’t help, I’m a victim of the change just like you. WYZE can do what ever they want with the Raccoon and Possum videos in my album. I have everything else in the hidden album on my phone, no access for anyone but me.

When I add photos to album on iPhone it retains the original in “all photos”, so if I choose permission for all photos/ videos (in order to download my videos) they’d apparently have access to them all. For me, it’s really about the principle of their decision to require this just to save your own video.

Can’t even share with myself without allowing access to all photos. That ain’t happening, so I’m just recording my screen when playing a video. I can then share with others from the photo app. It’s a clunky workaround, but it works.