Best bulb color to not attract bugs

I see a light bulb and I want it painted black! No colors anymore. I want them to turn black! Thanks @secondary_2g!

I was starting to worry that some were taking me seriously and were following my instructions! “Honey, have you seen my plasti-dip?”

4 Likes

Nice turn of words

2 Likes

@HDRock Yup! Crank up a little Stones to celebrate the arrival of Friday!

Recent update.
I can foresee this thing happening to you :crazy_face:

1 Like

Plasti-dipping your new Wyze bulb would make a good April Fools ad. @secondary_2g. @UserCustomerGwen.

"Pesky bugs swarming your new WYZE bulb this Spring? We have a solution!

The WYZE Store now offers small cans of Black Rubberized spray.

Following these easy step by step directions to solve your bug problem… and save electricity at the same time!"

Paint bulb. Lay painted bulb on ground outside. “You don’t even have to plug it in to solve your bug problem. Your DIY Black bulb will no longer attract bugs”

I’ll bet The Rolling Stones would let WYZE use Paint It Black as background music in the commercial. @UserCustomerGwen probably has a connection to the band.

You get the drift

3 Likes

Bug alerts redacted :crazy_face:

1 Like

Maybe @UserCustomerGwen will send me a bag of swag for my efforts. @HDRock. Or a bunch of rocks from the Stones

1 Like

Actually , I was fortunate and did receive a bag of wonderful swag ,but Unfortunately 1 turned into a rock :slightly_smiling_face:

@jalmquist2. Sorry for hijacking your original post.

I do believe Warm White LED bulbs attract fewer bugs than Daylight LED bulbs. In my case, my Warm White led outside bulbs attract few if any bugs.

Have you found a setting that cuts down the number of bugs with your WYZE bugs? Some say setting WYZE bulb to a yellower tint helps.

As a test, why not pick up a pack of WARM WHITE bulbs (marked on
package) and see if fewer bugs are attracted.

2 Likes

I think it might be OK to inject a little diversity and a little humor but.
Back on topic, carry on

2 Likes

I can see this as a Bill Engvall bit on Country Fried Home Videos… man I miss that show! I feel like it was the only one of its genre that was actually funny and not overdone.

I feel like this post above was very much along the lines of what I’ve always heard…

This is kinda cool too… page 5 being directly applicable:

https://www.lightingglobal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Technical-Note_Insects-and-Lighting.pdf

1 Like

Lmao @Wrecks0,

I think we need a tabulation contest to see whether that Bell Labs report says “dark sucker” more than Brad Paisley sings “crushin’ it” in that (gawwd-awful?) song of same name.

The winner could then square off against “had a bad day” in a single elimination redundancy semifinal.

The victor there would advance to face reigning champ “all your base are belong to us” in the title match (modern variations also available).

Having LED strips, I myself wondered if LED strips would attract spiders. But, spiders are attracted to heat, and LED bulbs emit very little heat. In fact, LED bulbs are actually quite effective at deterring pests since they don’t produce the ultraviolet light that attracts insects. So if you’re looking for a way to keep bugs away from your home, LED lighting is a great option.