Base Station got bricked tonight after trying to update

App v.2.26.21 just appeared in the App Store, so I tried it again. Sadly, same result. Logs sent.

Did the two logs provide any useful information?

I’m sad to say I’m embarrassed after having recommended Wyze to a friend. After helping him install a base and wireless camera, only to see it become bricked a couple months after his warranty expired, it is now a useless paperweight. We tried a bunch of different firmware versions and it’s still a brick. Not only wiil Wyze not even offer a discount to replace it, they’re telling him he has to buy another camera/base package because they don’t have a base only unit to sell. But if his base was under warranty, they would ship him a base. That’s exactly what support told him.
I can’t say I’d recommend Wyze to anyone going forward, they just seem too focused on rolling out toys like cars and headphones. Sad.

Will the base light up solid blue with an Ethernet cable attached to the router? What color and pattern did the light show?

No, it flashing blue, whether it’s on ethernet or wifi.

Every time there was a new app version, I’d try again to get the base working under Wi-Fi. This time, it worked with v2.27.34 (6).

Unfortunately, my iPhone has also frozen 5 times, frozen so hard that the clock stopped and it wasn’t possible to force-reboot, even holding volume-down and power keys for 25 seconds…and every time was while using the Wyze app. The iPhone will eventually reboot on its own after about 4-5 minutes.

In theory, it was fixed in Base station firmware 4.16.2.26 on October 11, 2021:

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Base Station from connecting to WiFi with a space in the WiFi SSID

You might post your experience with iOS app 2.27.34 in that app’s announcement thread:

Right, but I didn’t have a space in the SSID! (Okay, I did previously, but I changed the SSID when I heard about the issue, and it didn’t help.)

What iphone is it? Is your memory on the phone full? I think I have experienced slow downs on devices when the internal memory was near full.

It’s an iPhone XR, and it has 153GB free. And they weren’t slowdowns; they were hard system freezes. I’ve experienced them only in the Wyze app, but that’s circumstantial evidence.

Still, 5 times…? I assume the app sends problem logs to Wyze; if so, then they should know the details of the problem.

I am aware. I mentioned that Ive had slowdowns due to low memory on the device and thought that maybe low memory was causing your issue aswell.

Those are submitted by the user manually through the app. If you want to submit a log, do also contact Support to start the ticket process and mention your log number so that the issue can be sent along to the Devs/Engineers.

1 Like