An update regarding Person Detection

I take it this is a temporary limitation? My cams that I have CMC subscribed are of course the same cams that I need Person Detection working.

1 Like

Person Detection has been pretty good. Generally I get 2 videos per event, one from Person Detection and the second as a Smart Video Alert triggered by a motion sensor near the same camera. Every once in awhile I will get people on the Smart Video Alert but no Person Detection video. See below for an example. Nothing 5 minutes before the video so I donā€™t think itā€™s cool down related. How do I submit these videos as ā€œmissedā€ since the share link only shows up on regular motion triggered videos?

1 Like

For those who have upgraded to the latest Wyze cloud Person Detection, what is the general consensus as far as reliability / accuracy compared to Xnorā€™s detection?

Better? Worse? Same?

TIA

1 Like

Hi @thegunner. I would recommend checking out this topic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, this is a temporary situation while PD is in beta. The plan is for them to work together in the final release. They are still working on that aspect.

2 Likes

I believe that Wyze has said they are working to fix this.

1 Like

If safety is your concern then you should spend the money on a more expensive camera. You shouldnā€™t put a $40 cap on you or your familyā€™s safety right? Iā€™ve got these cameras set up in areas that I feel I need them to alert me but I donā€™t depend on them because I spent $40. Iā€™ve got other safety measures in place.

5 Likes

Not everybody has that luxury to spend >$40 on security systems. Some people are barely able to make it paycheck to paycheck

1 Like

When I was in the paycheck to paycheck situation I wouldnā€™t have been spending $25 on Wyze cameras either. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True. But you get what you pay for. You canā€™t expect to get world class security from a $40 camera

As long as they release the laser upgrade soon I will be happy! :blush:

How is the group reporting person recognition relative to vehicles? Specifically, should a vehicle be reported as a ā€œpersonā€ when itā€™s in motion since someone is inside?

Plus when you need multiple cameraā€™s that $40 adds up quick. I have no problem with getting false detections. Just as long as itā€™s picking up the tweakers constantly comming on the property.

1 Like

My opinion is people in vehicles should not be detected as people. I donā€™t know for sure.

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid something is steering the Ai in the wrong direction. It seems that my cameras are detecting more and more my dogs as a person, even wasps have been seen as person by the cameras occasionally. Where last week I had much less false detections. I have submitted most of those events for review and I hope that feedback data from everybody on the beta testing program is been handled properly. This has great potential and Iā€™m sure it will get tuned properly soon.
Also. I have been getting person notifications 5 minutes later at times.

1 Like

Now it is also detecting my cats or movements from a plant as a person.

1 Like

Same thing with me

1 Like

Even though my dogs think they are people, they have not been reported as such thus far. Both are big (75 pounds) and gold/cream colored. I get reported quite often from my driveway and barn cams.

I just put in an order Monday for another cam and a pan cam. Hoping to see the doorbell cam whenever it makes its appearance.

Thanks,
Bob

1 Like

I donā€™t know why mine is different but I get a bunch of ā€œPersonā€ detections from people walking their dogs. But the occasional dog or cat on its own only trigger motion alerts. Person detection for me is actually much more reliable than the XNOR version was.

The following is some examples of person detection videos I get:

2 Likes

Yesterday it was particularly a day where my cams where tagging my dogs, cats and even wasps as persons, but today something has changed and everything seems to be more relevant and accurate to what it suppose to be. It makes me excited when I see things working on the right direction.

3 Likes