Alternative Wyze Bulb sizes and types: recessed, flush, fan, chandelier, mini, etc

With the new colored bulbs coming out it would be great to see some brighter ones. A21 bulbs are a little bit larger than A19 bulbs but it’s typical in some of the brighter bulbs on the market.

Including GU10, light strip, etc.

affordable a12 candelabra bulbs woukd be amazing. especially if you could get them 75 to 100w equivelants. Using some generic 60w equivelants and they just 1. dont get bright enough and 2. their some generic brand i cant do much with. Hook us up!

1 Like

Please create BR-30 sized bulbs. Most newer construction uses these instead of the traditional sized A-19 bulb

2 Likes

I live in an older home. The downstairs family room has two sets of T8 Florescent Tube lighting that I absolutely hate! If I owned the place I would tear them out and replace them with decent lighting… but alas I’m a renter so that is not possible.

I know there are LED replacements for the tubes, but I would much rather get a smart replacement… perhaps with RGB Color!

It would be nice if it also did not require a Ballast Bypass.

Would like to see PAR or BR style bulb products suitable for CAN lights. I’m mainly interested in intensity and white color-temperature control; others may be interested in color control.

Suggested bulb type: I think I helped get this topic going. I do lighting for a museum. Many have asked for bulbs such as the BR 30, PAR30, ETC. These and GU10’s (which are usually MR16’s) are usually installed in a “Can” type fixture on a track or in a recessed “Can”. For a Wyze.com bulb (assuming Wi-Fi control) there are two problems. Heat can be a problem. This is the problem with MR16 LED bulbs that replace halogen bulbs. For them, I found a fixture that provides mostly open space around the bulb but still have a number that keep failing after warranty. With PAR20 LED flood lights I use the same type fixture that allows air flow and they have been working very will with no failures. PAR30’s LED bulbs also seem to work well with no failures yet.
The other problem is Wi-Fi electromagnetic wave attenuation (signal reduction) caused by the fixture metal that contains the bulb. This is a problem I am dealing with currently with a number of Wyze bulbs. I expected the problem and am in the process of modifying the Wi-Fi in one building that should support the control ability of the bulbs. Remember, the Wi-Fi signal from the bulb has to get to your Wi-Fi device (called the Access Point).

1 Like

Any sign of movement on this? I’ve got a dozen BR30’s and possibly some BR40’s that’ll need replacing soon. I’d love to buy a Wyze version, but if recessed Wyze bulbs are still a long ways off I’m going to need to find an alternative.

3 Likes

I hope those are indoor/outdoor floods. Color, preferably…

Yes… I love LED bulbs, but all the ones for candelabra are dim with maxing out at 60w equivalency. I don’t need 75 to 100w equivalents for everything, but the ceiling fan in my living room, which utilizes E12 base bulbs drives me crazy because it’s not bright enough… and it takes three or four bulbs. If Wyze could produce an E12 base bulb with 75w or more equivalency I’d be throwing my money at them!

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s a solution for you, have you considered an adapter in the meantime! http://ow.ly/aVzL30s1IlV

Would love to see a low profile soffit light to use as accent/security lighting around the house. Similar to these that come in 4 and 6 inch diameters. …
soffitlight

2 Likes

Floodlight Color Bulbs

I have converted all lightbulbs in my home to Wyze Color Bulbs. The only exception right now is the light strip in the kitchen and on my tv (I’ve placed and order) and the flood lights outside. Would love to see a flood light released by Wyze that is suitable for outside use. These bulbs could also be used in homes with recessed lighting as well.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

Same, I use a Philips color bulb in a lamp in front window for festivities and game days. I like the Philips because it can rotate colors so at Christmas I have it rotate through the light colors on the tree. It would be great to have outdoor color flood bulbs that can do the same thing. :grin::christmas_tree:

Another use for indoor/outdoor color flood light bulbs is to have them integrated with Wyze’s HMS. When the security system is triggered, outdoor flood lights could flash red.

1 Like

Color spotlight request

I love the color bulbs you already make and have a bunch of them. However, I have spotlights high in the ceiling they would be to small for. Could you please make color spotlights? Thanks for the consideration.

2 Likes

I would love some MR16 color bulbs. I just bought a Zigbee MR16 for a spot in my living room that points to my fireplace mantle. It is too dim when color is used. It’s okay when warm white. It was fairly expensive around $35. I’d also love color T5 landscape light bulbs. I know that would be harder since they are so small. I currently switch out the regular warm white bulbs with one color LED bulbs at holidays, but that is a pain. Even a full system of landscape lights would be great.

2 Likes

We’d also love to see BR30 shaped bulbs. We love the A19 Wyze bulbs we have. Thanks!

2 Likes

Please make some different bulb sizes. BR30, Par38, etc…

4 Likes

Yeah like 1% of my house is A19 standard. Mostly br30 recessed and br10 fan lights. I’ll need those to be able to utilize wyze bulbs at all but given no response on this in over 2 years I will probably just have to spend $$$$$ on Hue lights, if I can ever find them in stock.

2 Likes