Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

Well Kelowna turned out to be a complete bust. Went in yesterday before they closed and they couldn’t find my order for the doorbell and V3. Then i received an email this morning it was ready to pick up, 2nd trip to the store to pick up my order and they can’t find yet again. Come home to an email of my order being cancelled due to no stock. They have no idea what they are doing.

My online order for the doorbell was cancelled the day before after 10 days of no updates.

Got a couple more online orders done today. Just hoping one will actually show up eventually.

Seriously can’t wait for Wyze to go direct as so far dealing with HD online and local is beyond frustrating. I know that will change as they get stock but there’s too many of us fighting over too little stock.

In half an hour, they will all be sold… 20 left.

Just saw hd had video doorbell available to order, and now waiting for the shipping to happen, let’s hope it does get shipped!

About 20 years ago I use to install kitchens, doors and windows for HD. They were a mess back then and they haven’t changed. Their right hand doesn’t know what their left hand is doing. Their high volume of sales makes up for their constant screw-ups.

Was able to order a V3 via HD website, just arrived yesterday. Not bad, 2 days shipping.

HD does send me the doorbell! Just arrived today.

And in case you’re wondering if Wyze is near roll out in Canada, here’s another evidence:

Quick start guide in Français!!!

I picked up my doorbell yesterday and kind of set it up indoor using the micro USB port on the back of the doorbell … also paired the door chime.

Now for the real install when I have some time.

2 Likes

Got mine from HD today as well.

I wonder where you find a 16v usb output, all my chargers are 5v or other usb pd chargers

Why?
They don’t exist for a reason. People would be plugging in 5V USB devices and frying them.
If you run 16V into the USB port on the doorbell it will no longer be a doorbell.

I was thinking of getting the doorbell but didn’t know what kind of power source it needed. I just read the specs and it says it can use an existing doorbell transformer or a new install from 16-24 vac. I would have thought that it would have been like the normal cams and just need 5VDC. Yurasis probably used a wall wart with an output within the spec and ac voltage.

Most wired old school doorbells are 24V AC, that’s why. I have a Ring doorbell (it was given to me as a gift, would never have bought it) and it works straight off the 24V AC wire. Good to know that Wyze does the same.

Using the hard wire terminals the cam uses the doorbell transformer. (16-24v) However there is a usb port on the back of the camera that you can use if you remove a sticker and that uses standard 5v. So you have plenty of options power wise.

Ok. So it can use 5VDC besides the 16-24vac. That’s good to know. It’s funny that they didn’t put that info in the specs page or the install video. My house is about 140 yrs old and doorbells didn’t come installed in that era.

So am I reading you correctly that the USB port is just normal 5v usb port?

I thought usb port would require 16v input, if I understand you correctly, then we could just power up doorbell with normal 5v usb input?

Yup My brother tested this himself and confirmed it works. As well there are videos on youtube showing powering the camera with the rear 5v usb.

1 Like

Yes, all micro USB ports are 5V.

I believe using the USB port voids the warranty though.
Chech to make sure if that’s something that you would be concerned about.

Using the usb port would void the warranty? I wonder why? I’ll have to ask them about that.

EDIT: Ok. Just looked at the doorbell FAQ and here’s what it says about the usb port.

Q: Does Wyze Video Doorbell have a USB port?

A: Yes, but using it would void the warranty.
Wyze Video Doorbell has a micro USB port on the back of the device, hidden under a protective rubber seal. This micro USB port should not be used to power your doorbell. It was only intended for production purposes.

Peeling off the protective rubber seal to access the micro USB port will compromise the IP65 weather resistance and void the warranty.

Thanks, now if we know getting from hd would qualify for warranty by Wyze or just warranty from hd