All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

This has happened to me. Since Saturday evening (UK time) all of my cameras have gone offline, even the ones a couple of metres from my Wi-fi router.

As I’m offsite I am unable to reboot to see if that rectifies the problem. Other Wi-fi services/devices I have can be accessed remotely and are operating normally.

Has something happened behind the scenes on the Wyze platform to have caused this?

Thanks.

Here are the Troubleshooting Guides. You can also run through the troubleshooting flow chart by clicking “Begin Troubleshooting” at the top of this page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the previous website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

Thanks very much for your help.

1 Like

I have five Wyze cameras. They all work perfectly. Your comments don’t reach the threshold of a universal problem experienced by everyone. So I’ll just go ahead and buy a sixth Wyze camera. Thanks.

Sounds good to me if that makes you happy YeahThatCee… I need something that I can count on working for me when I need it most like when I hear noises and need to see what is going on. I am not cruising through life with my wyze cam app always open on my cell phones. Every time we have gotten surprised with noises outside and needed to see what was going on outside, the amount of time wasted having to jack around with logging in and the camera waking up and whatever just takes away the whole reason we have the camera in the first place. My others cameras are not needing passwords and all that. They are right there on the big screen easily seen too.

The ability to be able to view what the camera sees at any time anywhere right on your cell phone is a great idea and is also done by Xeoma security cam software. I would rather have my cameras on the big screen and on then on my cell phone and NOT on for another minute, two minutes, 5 minutes or hours of time was wasted trying to get logged on to the wyze app.

Thanks for your reply!

Steve

Virus-free. www.avast.com

2 Likes

Seems like you should have read the label.

1 Like

I respect that. I’m just saying that the vast majority of us can count on Wyze cams working for us when we need it most like when we hear noises and need to see what is going on. We are not cruising through life with our Wyze cam app always open on our cell phones. (We get notifications and only open whenever we want to see more.) We’ve never gotten surprised with noises outside or needed to see what was going on outside, because of the built-in motion and sound detection of the Wyze cams. We don’t have any amount of time wasted having to jack around with logging in and the camera waking up and whatever, because our cameras are always on and recording, especially if you add an SD card and set the app to record continuously if you don’t prefer the Events-only option. It’s these features and more that are the whole reason we have the camera in the first place. Our Wyze cameras don’t require constantly entering passwords and all that.

The ability to be able to view what the camera sees at any time anywhere right on our cell phones IS a great idea, and the best part is that the Wyze cam software continually adds features, updates firmware, and fixes bugs like most good companies for free. I currently have my Wyze cameras on the big screen with either Wyze’s free RTSP firmware or via my Apple TV. I’m deeply sorry that you have had to waste so much time on your Wyze app and Wyze cameras, especially because the vast majority of us have not experienced any of your issues. Of course, isolated issues do happen to some based on their physical location, wifi signal, and other local issues, but thankfully, they’re not universal problems experienced by everyone, making Wyze cams the best and most inexpensive options for most customers, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for your reply as well.

He certainly can setup Wyze cams on his computer: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

I cannot get my one camera to work…will NOT connect…keeps authenticating…says its not hooked up but I am able to turn it on and off???

What is the deal? Seems like a lot of folks are having the same problem but I don’t see a solution.

I’ve had mine to do this after a couple of updates. Rebooting my Android phone and other control devices as well as the cameras has worked on mine so far to fix this.

I have an iPhone and bought the little gli router and has made no difference.

Welcome to the community, @TWins. Can you possibly provide a few more details? Are you trying to connect over your Wi-Fi, or over a cell network? Are you using a VPN on your phone? BTW, the reason you can turn your camera on and off is that IoT commands to the cameras use a different channel than the livestream or playback.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen these yet, but here are the support pages for the Wyze cams.

1 Like

Could you explain this further please?
I thought the authentication process was essentially the cam calling home to Wyze. Other commands may go direct to the camera staying on the local wifi net. But they both would be on whatever channel your 2.4 ghz wifi was set on.

I was not referring to Wi-Fi bands or channels. This is how a Wyze employee explained it to us. Video, authentication, notifications, and IoT commands, etc. all take a different network path, or channels, as he described it. In other words, if you can’t connect to your camera’s livestream, and you get an error 90 or similar, you may still be able to reset the camera remotely via the IoT channel.

I have tried to find the reference, but it was so long ago it’s been impossible to find at this time. If I can locate the information, I’ll try to post it here.

1 Like

Thanks, just trying to learn the confusing Wyze terminology.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

So the last days i have a similar problem. I have 4 WyzeCams, 2 v2 and 2 pan. All on RTSP firmware. Have been working fine. Suddenly i couldn’t get a live view, on none of them. They do still save events to the cloud, which i could see in the app. Tried lots of things: cleared Wyze(beta) app cache, rebooted my phone, rebooted cams, rebooted all my LAN equipment. No joy. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. My wife an iPhone 6. After trying ‘everything’, i checked on the phone of my wife: working live view. So apparently it has something to do with my Samsung. It did receive an update recently (Oct '19 security update). Afaik, there is no VPN active on my phone. So not solved yet, but seems my SGS10. Reporting this as maybe it is in a recent Android (Samsung) patch or new Android security thingy…

1 Like

Are you running the beta app? 2.6 breaks the live view in the app currently, there’s an updated firmware in the works to address the issue.

2 Likes

Try dropping back to an earlier version of the app. It’s somewhere in the threads. One of the “mavens” or moderators should have the link on hand.
Both of my RTSP’s are down using 2.6.26 because of this.

1 Like

(Release date: July 9, 2019)
Here is the stable App for Android.

Android V2.4.82 APK download

2 Likes