Add support for Tasker Integration

I agree, and I love tasker, though in all fairness, it is currently too complicated for the average user to figure out or bother using, so it would only be used by a very people like us. I am sure that is why it isn’t at the top of Wyze’s priorities at the moment. Putting their efforts into Matter first will ensure a much larger market benefits from compatibility with lots of systems, so I am sure that is where they will put their efforts for now. But I am glad they didn’t attach a status of “Probably not” here…after Matter is up and running I could see this Tasker support being a big benefit. People making awesome integrations and posting videos of the type of things they can do with Wyze devices will get attention and free advertising and bring in a lot more customers even if several of them won’t use tasker themselves, Those who do use tasker will bring a lot more attention to Wyze capabilities.

Honestly, even if Wyze didn’t build the Tasker support themselves, they could release a public API and other people will build the Tasker integration for them. This is another reason why an API should be considered. So many positives.

1 Like

Tasker integration could be completed before Matter is released.

1 Like

I’m not just asking for them to do the plug-in. If they made the APl public, someone else could make the app/plug-in. There are plenty of Tasker plugins made by third party developers for products such as Logitech, Harmony, Tesla, Honeywell, Home Assistant, Philips Hue.

It’s all about the API.

3 Likes

AutoNotification Intercept. Enough said. I use this logic for several things.

Has there been any progress with tasker and wyze integration?

1 Like

No, it just got updated to a “Maybe later” status. I expect that this won’t be reconsidered until after “the year of the camera” efforts are finished, ie: maybe in 2024 depending on different variables. But discussing it and getting others to vote for it, helps.

1 Like