Add same device to multiple groups

Why isn’t it possible to add doorbell cams into groups? I think any number of any item should be allowed in a group.

1 Like

I wish we could get an update on this - maybe it’ll come up on Reddit.

Les

i would also like cameras to be in multiple groups. for example when waiting for a package i only want to see all the front cameras but i cant as these are part of my external group including the back cameras which i dont want to see. sometimes i wish to see only multiple specific rooms without adding and removing the camera from groups please make this possible.

1 Like

Totally agree with you on the doorbell.

HI @cheaplikeafox - could you let me know your use-case for this feature that is “adding cameras to multiple group”?
This will help us understand how best to design the grouping functionality.

A good example is one group may be all cameras. Another group may be outside only or a second property.

Please! See other posts on this subject. Let the user define the group names and what devices are in that group. Look at every other darn app in the world!

I want Living Room with cameras, switches, lights and plugs all being available in that group. It’s so obvious.

Example would be a group with all of your outside cameras and two other groups using some of the same cameras back yard front yard. Kids are playing in the back yard want to see only those 4 cameras let’s say not 6

1 Like

I have a group with all outdoor cameras. But there are times I may only want to watch specific ones like front door and driveway or front door and a camera not in group. Right now would have to delete all the cameras from group and then add them back later.

Delete all the cameras from group and then add them back later? I have a group of 4 Outdoor cams. If I want to check on one, I tap the ‘play’ button in the group. If I want to see more, I click the cam itself. I never have to delete all the cameras from the group and then add them back later.

Not what he is saying.
If we want an outdoor group for example of all of our 8 outdoor cameras at the same time great we can do what you suggested. What if then we just want a group of the 5 cameras for just the rear yard to look at the same time we can’t add 4 of them because they are in the outdoor group. Other security cameras brands allow you to add the same camera to multiple groups.

Maybe you want 4 different camera groups but in each of the groups you want to have the kids playroom in each group so you can make sure they are safe………you can’t because the kids playroom camera can only be in one of the groups.

2 Likes

Be sure to vote for it above the first post. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would it not be easier to have a Group called Rear Yard with the cameras in it? Then, if you add a spotlight, you add it to the same Group. Add a plug outside and then add that to the Group. Now you have Rear Yard Group with all the devices specific to that area.

Another Group could be “All My Cameras”, “Front Yard”, “Driveway/Garage”, etc.

1 Like

You got my vote. Sadly Jan 2023 and still can’t find this as a feature as I have 1 camera that serves 2 roles and would be great to see it in 2 different groups. This would allow for easier viewing of desired cameras.

1 Like

The ability to add a camera to multiple groups

Would be nice to have the ability to put a camera in multiple groups

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ @WyzeDesmond help us get this feature put in place we have tons of users needing it.

Let’s help us get this feature going please @WyzeDesmond

Love my Wyze Color Bulbs! But some needed additions to groups is needed for sure.
I should be able to add bulbs to multiple groups. Sometimes I want to change all bulbs and sometimes just some.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

I have my color bulbs installed in lamps and some lamps have multiple bulbs that I’d like to control as a single device. However, I’d also like to control all lights in a room together. What I really need is a group consisting of all the bulbs in a lamp and another group that contains all the lamp groups in a room.

It’s time to resurrect this thread, probably nothing will come out of it. Worth a try.

I have two properties that I monitor with five cameras. I have created two groups, one “Home” consisting of two cameras and one “Cottage” consisting of three cameras. I’d like to create a third group consisting of all five cameras so I can view them all at the same time.

Wyze, why we can’t do this yet?

1 Like