Add Gateway support to Lock Bolt

Wyze Deadbolt accessible from anywhere

I love how the wyze deadbolt comes with fingerprint scanner and keypad. I bought it originally thinking it will make not only my life easier for locking/unlocking the door, but also the added ability of checking the door’s lock status if i’m away from home (and locking it through the app) and being able to unlock the door for a visitor remotely. This added benefit is not something the Wyze Deadbolt currently does, and it’s super upsetting considering how all my other wyze products I can access from anywhere.

Is it much added effort to integrate the wyze deadbolt with the wifi network like the cameras? Or even add a new gateway to integrate it with the wifi? Anything would be helpful, this product would be 10x better if I could view and interact with it while away from my house (out of bluetooth range). As it is though, i need to be next to the door essentially to look at its status, which i can do with my bare eyes anyways.

10 Likes

Wyze door deadbolt that has fingerprint, number keypad AND Wi-Fi capability RELEASE DATE?

Does anyone know or confirm when Wyze may come out with their 2nd Generation Wi-Fi Deadbolt? The old one is great but it’s design is outdated. If you look at the new deadbolt just released a couple of months back it has a keybad built in and bluetooth capability coupled with a fingerprint reader. That’s outstanding especially for it’s price point. However, it’s missing an important component Wi-Fi capability to truly make it a “smart” IOT. The design of the new deadbolt is really nice, when will the 2nd generation of that or a “pro” model of that be released that’ll have fingerprint, number pad AND Wi-Fi? Any guesses on a time frame of when to expect updated Wi-Fi capable deadbolt with keypad and fingerprint reader?

9 Likes

While I am happy with the Wyze Lock Bolt, I would very much like the option to use an addon WiFi Bridge in the future.

This would also solve a major issue for people who must have an internet-connected smart lock.

5 Likes

Please add wifi capability. Or purchase a ‘gateway’ to make it wifi capable.

5 Likes

Is there a third party hub like the Samsung that will work with this?

3 Likes

This is absolutely crucial to me. I’m securing a shared space (neighborhood clubhouse) and have board members who need their own keycode, a couple liked the fingerprint idea, but I HAVE to be able to check lock status remotely. I actually had someone in customer support tell me that the lock bolt had wifi capabilities, so I bought and installed 3 of them only to find out it does not. It has to be an easy software update to allow this to use the same gateway that the lock uses. I don’t want the original lock, as I prefer the color, and aesthetic of having the keypad up on the door rather than the weird 2-column, silver, separate keypad. Not to mention the 2x cost.

3 Likes

Access Lockbolt through wifi for remote use

Request access to view and control lock bolt in app while remote.

I want to know if the lock is locked or unlocked and real time history while I am away. Having a way to lock/unlock the door is helpful too incase someone needs access.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

6 Likes

You just said exactly what wanted to say in this forum. Not even a word less.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Really need this feature.

I won’t buy this lock bolt unless it has WiFi abilities… A wifi bridge or even better to have them connect to Bluetooth on the Wyze CAMs which could double as the bridge.

3 Likes

Question to everyone who has posted here:

Why don’t you just by the WiFi Lock then? It would immediately satisfy what everyone here seems to be asking for. People are suggesting a gateway or a bridge to make it WiFi. That’s what the original Wyze Lock does.

I’ve had my Lock for over a year and love it. They keypad is great. I use “geo-fencing” to lock/unlock the door when I leave/arrive at my house. I check it to make sure it does lock behind me. It tells me if it “jams” when trying to lock or open, guest codes, completely integrated into the Wyze EcoSystem of Rules (for me, this means using it in Geofencing or running a schedule at Midnight to lock the door, turn down the thermostat, turn off lights, turn on camera notifications, and more).

I guess I’m confused as to why you want features in a product that already exist in another product from the same company and say things like “I won’t buy it until this”???

They Wyze Lock is on sale this week. Buy it and the keypad. You will never look back. It’s a great device.

3 Likes

That’s because the other version (I own both locks) doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor and a built in keypad. I was a beta tester for this product as well. Yes I had a separate keypad for the other lock but it’s more convenient having it on the same device.

Not sure why it bothers you that people including myself would love to see a gateway add-on. With the add-on Wi-Fi bridge this would be the ultimate lock in my opinion.

If it’s an optional add on you don’t have to buy it. I would if it’s offered.

3 Likes

Another vote for a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi bridge. My other door has the August lock, because I absolutely needed Wi-Fi as well.

2 Likes

Bought this for Black Friday assuming that Wyze makes good products. This is such a major design flaw. I will not buy another Wyze product until they make it compatible with their gateway. Without remote access features, this is junk. The response from support was that I should have read the fine-print. Who would have thought that the sleeker new product with the integrated keypad would suck more, being far less capable.

2 Likes

TRUTH danb

2 Likes

Please as the a WiFi gateway to the Bolt. I have purchased two bolts and would love to have remote access to them. The Bolt with it’s finger print reader, integrated key pad and all metal construction is a huge upgrade from the Wyze Lock (which I own as well). Also, the finish of the Bolt matches my doors better the than the Lock. Thank you for following up with this request.

2 Likes

Wyze Lock Bolt need a gateway for wifi access

Adding the ability to access the Wyze Lock Bolt via wifi like the original Wyze Lock would absolutely be ideal. Its like new features were presented with the Wyze Lock Bolt but necessary features were lost (wifi access to lock and sensor that tell if the door isnt closed/locked). Losing these two features truly decreased my interest in the lock. Losing these features also presents a security vulnerability for a homeowner being unable to ensure that the door to their home is locked.

Please add these features.

3 Likes

The worse part is Wyze’s silence in these forums. It would be nice if they could explain the issue.

1 Like

Wyze doesn’t usually chime in here as this is primarily a user-to-user forum. I can answer your questions though…

The “issue” is that customers don’t read or understand the product info before purchasing. Wyze Lock Bolt is not an IOT (Internet-connected) device. It was purpose-built to satisfy users’ security concerns and requests for a non-IOT deadbolt lock with local-only smart features. Wyze has not indicated plans to change the connectivity aspects of the Lock Bolt design. However, it is possible to create an add-on gateway, hence the reason this Wishlist request/topic exists. If Wyze decides to move forward with this request, it will not happen soon as their priority this year is geared towards cams.

Wyze Lock + Keypad bundle is an IOT Internet and WiFi-connected device and a better suited alternative to most of the use cases posted in this topic.

A separate Wishlist topic exists that requests features of both Lock and Lock Bolt be combined into a new IOT product: Integrated Lock & Lock Bolt

For reference, some of the Lock Bolt info from the Wyze storefront:

4 Likes

Wyze Lock Bolt notifications using existing Wyze Lock hub

I recently purchased a Wyze Lock Bolt to replace a broken Wyze Lock and did not realize until after the fact that notifications were non-existent. After I couldn’t figure it out I did research and found due to the lack of WiFi it can’t send them. I am hoping that a future update can let it connect to the hub for the original lock to provide WiFi functionally and notifications. I have a side door hub and now a useless front door hub that it could connect to.

5 Likes

This is great information and much clearer than it was when first announced. The fact that the Lock Bolt doesn’t even send notifications to the Wyze App is still pretty hidden.

Doorbell Friendly Faces and Doorlock Integration - #5 by carverofchoice mentions some Wyze VP discussion from a Fix-it-Friday.

Of course it would be better to be able to use my existing Door Gateways to enable this, but I would settle for the Chime handling things… I would LOVE to swap my Door Locks for Lock Bolt because the lock is so much better… but I need notifications and App control.

3 Likes