A Note About Pricing From the Founders at Wyze - 5/6/21

Lois DeJoy is a businessman who would like to see the US Postal Service privatized and has been public about that. Not exactly an unbiased source. I think that Wyze shipping through the Post Office is Patriotic, supporting universal Postal service. Of course I spent 11 years in the military also. It’s not fashionable these days to be Patriotic, especially when Your convenience is at risk.

2 Likes

Outstanding Ski ! I have a great appreciation for my fellow Patriots and even more for those brothers bound by their Oath and Honor. 11 years USMC, SSGT 0358. Great to meet you

1 Like

Likewise. Was in the guard before going full time, ORNG 11B. Then had the privilege of attending boot camp for a second time for the US Navy. (Dad was USN in WWII) Got in trouble there for mostly laughing at inappropriate times, MM1. Nice to meet you also.

IMO, any complaints about this issue need to be leveled not at Wyze, [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

The USPS is a public service. The government has done it’s best to sink the USPS under [Mod Edit] Instead we need massive support for a wonderful service. It will still be much cheaper than the private carriers.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Keep posts relevant to Wyze.
  • Do not post political rhetoric
3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t Download My Camera Footage

So… about the shipping being included in the product cost. Will that be adjusted then on pre-orders that are fulfilled and shipped after this new structure goes into effect?

1 Like

What will be the new price for a Wyze pan cam as of May 18th. Thanks

According to the information, only the V3 and doorbell are increasing right now.

2 Likes

Grazie Bella

Thanks for your transparency here Wyze, and in these times, it makes perfect sense to increase pricing.

With that, I would like to ask for the Canucks … When the Canadian Ordering is live from your site, and the Cam V3 is available, are we to assume that shipping will be included in the pricing as well?

1 Like

Are these prices going to come down some of them seem fine but others like the security system pricing and the bulbs have gone up a ton

Is shipping cost still included? There is a +shipping next to the price listed.

Looks like shipping is no longer bundled. Back to being added at checkout.

I’m sure they’re alternating to test which performs better: launching with shipping included or launching with shipping separate. I expect to see differences on a few launches so they can get some data about how things like how often someone adds an item to their account then cancels after they see the shipping costs vs knowing the total upfront, and if lower shipping on bulk orders makes a difference in purchase closing rates, or if including shipping in the listed cost lowers the number of people who even consider ordering (because it looks higher or is ignored in some search algorithms when sorted by price, or deals websites because others without shipping included APPEAR to be lower in their base cost) etc. After a few tests each way they should have enough data to see which method is most effective for their bottom line overall. Expect to see this alternate a few times and then eventually stay consistent longterm once they’ve seen which works best with the majority of people.

Of course, I don’t actually work for Wyze, and have no inside knowledge as to what they are doing, I am just suspecting this from my own experience with data analysis, business ownership, and marketing.

2 Likes

Interesting stepping stone methodology.

1. We’re raising the price, but will include shipping.

2. A few months later, keep the raised price, but drop the included shipping. Now shipping costs extra on top of the raised price :angry:.

They increased the cost of the product over 150% under this guise.

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s what is happening? I think the raised prices and included shipping were two different things.

What a truly weird world we live in. Common sense seems to have taken a vacation.

As an adult, I’m the sole decision maker. If I feel a product is over priced……I don’t commit to the purchase. (Learned all that in 4th grade)

What’s your point?