Zooming question

Since the latest update when I zoom my image on my S10 I can no longer move the image around to get a closer look at what I’m trying to see. Any help would be appreciated with this problem

Anybody

What’s an “S10”?
I only know of V1, V2 and Pan Cam.

My cell phone s10 samsung

Works ok on my J3.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my S10 smartphone I got it to work. Unfortunately it still does not work on my tab S3 still trying to work this problem out. This all started after the latest update from wyze

After further testing on my Samsung S10 Plus I can definitely say that when zooming the image it is very difficult to move the image around. If I can get it to do it at all ,is there any way to go back to the previous update

Hello @jjl290, what OS version is your S10 plus and Tab S3 on? What app version are you running?

Android version 9. I appreciate your response after messing around with it for a while things are a little different after your latest software update for the app. What I have found is that I must zoom all the way in,
On the image and then I can move the image around. So I feel I have found a solution to the problem and I’ve got it working

1 Like

Since Android app v2.1.31 I’ve noticed something about zooming with a double-tap on the image face.

Before: a double-tap would zoom-in to the maximum, with the the point of zoomed focus corresponding to the area on the image you tapped. eg, if I double-tapped a mailbox toward the bottom left of the image, the zoomed image would be focused on the mailbox.

Now: not so much.

In some situations, the focus point is maintained:

• If you double-tap at or near the absolute center of the image.

• When viewing a 12-sec Event (cloud clip) focus is maintained on-zoom quite accurately.

In Live View and Playback, not.

(Currently running app v. 2.2.38 - latest as of this writing.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the information it’s nice to know it’s not just me and my phone

1 Like

I have the issue with zooming out where it doesn’t fill the screen and has black space. I posted it here. Maybe I should have posted it in this thread.

3 Likes

The cross-link is good, I think. I just put in a support request (ticket #203882) and referenced this thread for good measure. :slight_smile:

@jjl290 @cheaplikeafox @HDRock @UserCustomerGwen

3 Likes

Got a response from support:

Wyze: Thank you for reaching out and providing us feedback on your experience in the app. I will pass along this information to our technical team.

You may try reinstalling the app as a workaround.

Peep: That did the trick, thanks!

Whoops. Looks like poor reading on my part:

@jjl290 @cheaplikeafox @HDRock

1 Like

Here’s another way to try and clear issues, at least on Android…

Settings → Apps → Wyze → Storage → Clear Data

You then start the app and re-login.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good tip.

I hate to say it, but when discovering it initially after one app update - and having it persist through another - my thinking probably went something like this: This can’t possibly be anything as simple as…

There should be an emoji for ‘kicking oneself in the hindquarters.’

(or extracting one’s head from same.) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DreadPirateRush @peepeep tried to clear data on my Android… But it didn’t work. Reinstalling it did not work as well.

1 Like

So, it wasn’t good for you, too? :wink: Damn.

@UserCustomerGwen, should I revive the same ticket and let them know there are related issues, not all resolved? Or?

@HDRock

I have noticed the same thing with the zoom. Also noticed that when you zoom in, and it zoomed away from your target and you have to drag the screen back, you have to drag, drag, drag, drag, drag, drag, drag, drag, to get it where you want to see. By then, you have to start that segment over because what you were wanting to see has already happened.

1 Like

Yup. Did the simple fix work for you like it did for me?