Yesterday's firmware has caused some serious robot vac damage

Every since 1.6.130 my robot vacuum has lost its mind. I’ve tried remapping. I’ve tried re-connecting to wifi. I’m not sure how to reset to factory defaults or I’d try that.

It used to leave the station and clean in nice, straight lines. Not it does circles about 1 foot out from the station and won’t go anywhere. I pick it up and move it another foot then it does loopy cleaning.

HELP!

Have you called support?

nope - not yet. i haven’t had the best of luck with support so i’m still testing. plus, put this out there in case, it’s not just me. i will call them if all else fails. i’ve had the thing for a month and it’s been perfect so i’m thinking it might not be a hardware fail.

I caused this. I thought it would be cute to add googly eyes. It was ever so funny for months until the last firmware upgrade. Circles. I took off the eyes and all is straight lines and efficiency again.

DOH

4 Likes

Just glad it was figured out. how very insightful of you to think to remove those and test it again. Most people would say it wouldn’t have any influence at all and wouldn’t do it it would keep blaming the update. That’s good troubleshooting!

2 Likes

So, the firmware update noticed the Googly Eyes and started drawing them everywhere as it moved. It was only trying to share the fun!

@susandennis

I put googly eyes on the front. Sharon needs to see what is in front of her.

**[quote=“susandennis, post:4, topic:181528, full:true”]
I caused this. I thought it would be cute to add googly eyes. It was ever so funny for months until the last firmware upgrade. Circles. I took off the eyes and all is straight lines and efficiency again.

DOH

[/quote]