Xbox Integration

I also have mine parents Nest cams and it has longer name. Alexa and I had problem so in Alexa I keep the names simple. You can change the name in Alexa app to anything name to active and not change the name in Wyze app.

1 Like

I downloaded the Wyze app On my fire TV stick and then just say Alexa show me basement. I also have tiny cam pro but I haven’t worked with it as much lately because I’ve been sick. But it will show all of my cameras Wyze and my CCTV cameras once I get them loaded

Where is there a wyze app for the Fire TV stick? I sideloaded the actal android app just for fun. But it’s sideways an a bit to wacky on the TV stick to use. Now granted, I only have a recent (2019) 3rd gen non 4k Fire TV stick. But mine picked up the wyze cams from the app on my phone I think. But all I remember doing was telling alexa to display such n such cam on fire stick, and after a few seconds, there it was.

1 Like

I have a fire TV stick 4K and I have an old fire TV that’s like the square little tin box and you just go into apps and look for Wyze and load it

You’re right I’m confusing things since I had the Waze app on my Alexa on my phone I didn’t have to do anything with my fire TV stick or my fire TV I just would say Alexa show me basement you’re right I didn’t have to download an app for that I was thinking of something else. Sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us, and of course I say that because I think it happens to me most of all…

2 Likes

I saw someone put google play store on a fire cub. But a firestick will not take play store. I have try do it.
I love mine kindle with play store because I have the same app of the phone. Bigger screen then cell phone. I also got google voice and make phone calls on it.

1 Like

My cams work great on my TV, through the Fire Stick/ Alexa.

Love it

1 Like

Thank you. Does that mean if I setup the camera on a third-party app I could use new features, such as recording longer clips on motion detection?

1 Like

For anyone else looking to setup Wyze with the firestick or Alexa, I found this great video.

2 Likes

Yes, you can use whatever features that software has, except most likely some of the internal settings for the cam. You can also flash third party firmware to it if you really want to get down in the dirt. I haven’t found anyone who’s got access to the internal SD card yet (so any third party recordings will be on the device that app is running on), but I haven’t really looked that hard either. Because while these cams are worth their price, they don’t offer the speed (fps) and picture quality needed to justify investing that much time into them. So set them up, view on tinycam just because it’s faster and works better on a firestick, play with time lapse, and hope they finally release a stable RTSB firmware (rtsb being what you need to view on a PC or record with a NVR/DVR), they do have a beta release.

1 Like

I believe the DVR beta has been abandoned but I don’t know for sure you would have to ask @UserCustomerGwen for more information

We haven’t had a DVR beta. We do have an RTSP firmware but that’s a bit different.

1 Like

You call it potato,… But still quite a bit abandoned all the same. But I am thankful that you have it at all.

I know that there’s another update that we have been working on but I don’t know the timeline for it being ready for release. Sorry, @mathelm64!

2 Likes

Good to know. And no apology necessary to me, or in my opinion, at this price point.

2 Likes

I appreciate your kindness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The integration with Alexa is good, But since this is a wishlist… I’d like to see a dedicated firetv app at some point so I could look at a camera without using voice commands. Late at night, voice commands could be disruptive. The app doesn’t even have to be full featured, “view only” if you will.

I’d like to stick with the main firmware branch so rtsp isn’t an option right now and I’d rather not use a 3rd party app like tinycam.

Tinycam

Why is Wyze app not available on amazon store for the fire tablets?

1 Like