Wyze in the Philippines

If I bring a Wyze cam to the Philippines - will it work there?

There are reports of them being used successfully overseas, so there’s a good chance it will work. However, the cameras are not supported outside of the United States.

Were you able to get this working in Manila ?

The Wyze Cam V2 and Wyze Sense works in the Philippines. But there is one major security feature that does not work. With the recent reported security breach on Wyze Cams, I don’t encourage using the cameras in the Philippines or any unsupported countries for that matter.

Has this been resolved or is there still security issues? I’m hoping to upgrade my cameras and give my old set to my parents in the PI.

1 Like

Hello, I just moved back to manila this year and have successfully installed a couple of V2 and V3 with spotlight. All have been working properly on 220V power supply using the provided power bricks.

However, you might not be able to use the Wyze bulb or the Smart plugs that use 110V.

2 Likes

Hello, what power brick did you use? Planning to send V3 to my parents and I want to find a dual volt converter too.

The power adapter that comes in the box with the V3 camera states : Input 100/240 volts, 50/60 HZ and the output to the camera is 5 Volts 1 Amp.
The provided power adapter must be plugged into an outlet indoors or a weather proof outdoor outlet with weather proof cover so you don’t burn the house down. The camera can be used outdoors, just not the power adapter.

1 Like

You can send the same power brick that came with the Wyze. Mine has been working well for the past year. There is no need for a converter or a transformer

As other people have said, the brick itself is not waterproof so make sure they have it covered if they are planning on placing it outdoors. (if those ever break, the newer powerbricks sold in stores here should be enough to power them) hope this helps