Wyzesense needs a daily reboot?

Ok now i finally had a chance to do what i wanted with the make usb exstention wire and so far its been running for a couple days with No issues whats over.! :slight_smile: so it seems fixed, now to clarity incase anyone wants to try what i did:

it seemed to me like it did to others that lack of power was the issue or possibly lack of CLEAN powder. What i mean is that basically it needs its own not shared powder supply. Here why i say that. as i only had cam PANS that were in the area i needed the sense bridges as opposed to V2’s i was stuck using a cam pay vers the stationary. Whitch shower me better the issue because i found that while moving to a high amperage charger definitly helped some it did not actually fix the issues i was having that all were. I even tried connecting additional +/- 5v wires directly from an additional power supply to the bridget itself in an attempting to correct it after reading some had fire theres by moving to a more powerful powder supply. But in my case had not. The additional powder works helped and even more then the more powder full supply did as it was effectivly using two shared powder supply s whitch showed me i was definitly heading in the right direction. But Again it still didnt fix the problem. also it seemed that the the majority of users that said the higher amperage chargers (and accompaning quality SHORT usb cord) had completly fixed the problem were using wyze cam v2’s and the majority that said it had helped but still Not fix, myself inclueded were instead using the cam PAN. So that as well as the fact that it seemed to get worse when the PAN function was active suggested to me that in additional to needing more power it needed clean, as in its own dedicated power supply ( that wasn’t in anyway connected to the cam PAN as the vultage drop or something simmaler from say the motors and possibly, but likely to a lessor exstend, even just the cam itself using power and so the irregularities and vultage drops that came with it was the other half of the issue. so i figur d even though it had a 5v powder line connected directly to it, it it was still connects to the cam pans power lines and there for suceptable to the same voltage drops or spikes/ irregularities as before. Basically it didnt have an additional powder supply but instead it and th cameras both had a shared additional powder supply.

So what then, is the actual fix?

Well I took a usb 2.0 exstention (the type with four wires, usually they’ll be red (+5v) , Black (-5v), green (data+), and white (data-) and i cut it in half and took the part that connects to the back of the cam PAN and readied the G&W wires for connecting while cutting away the R&B wires. And for the side if the wire that the bridge would then Plug into i got all four wires (R’B’G’&W’) ready for connecting. then i took an additional power supply line wire, in my case i used the the one that comes with any of the wyze cams and striped it so the two power lines it had, in this case yellow and white, were exsposed. (If your using a regular usb cable it would be the red and the black wires and youd trim away the white and grean ones.) Then i connected all the wires in this manner:
Y-R, W-B, (power supply line to bridge line (if using a typical usb cable it’d be R-R&B-B) and then from the cam i connected W-W&G-G. To the bridges side wires. That way it would basically be like a y cable but getting its data connections from one side, data from the cam, and power from the other, this way it woukd have its own powder supply that is not only powerful enough for itself but also more importantly itd be free of the cams particular power irregularities,

but geuss what? DIDN’T Work!!!

It took me a minute to figure out why but then i thought maybe theres something about the data+ line that needs not only the data- to complete it’s circute but rather if its + and then we have - we may need infact a G (think of it as a 0 for both of them to work off of,)if you are familer with how 220v power in house works you’ll understand why this makes sense. So then i made the modification of connecting all three ground wires together. so in my case that was power supply W, and cameras wire B pluss bridge wire B (if your using a typical usb wire for your power supply itd be B, to cameras wire B as well as to bridge wire B,) and once you connect these three wires you should, just as i found…

all the issues fixed!!!

Ya its a bit of work i know but i really like the sense system and was really bummed it wasn’t working any were near relliably enough, well to have a true purpouse really. so atleast for me it was well worth the time and a couple use wires i had laying around. As now im a happy camper and infact maybee if theres enough demand i should start making said wires and selling them to people for alittle more then it cost to make… But im sure it probably wouldn’t be worth the effort for me to do so and would be many times easier for Wyze to make them and either sell then additional or much better yet they really should be inclueded free as well as inclueded in the sense starter pack. As they could simply have there overseas manufacturer make them for cheap as opposse to me modifing some real store bought wires by hand. Anyway Just an idea. Most i write this in hope my little exsparament helps some people. - SEAN.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

1 Like