WyzeDashCam

maybe-later

Any plans for a Wyze dashcam? I feel like Wyze could do it better for less money than the likes of Anker and Aukey.

WyzeDashCam - Let's Make It Happen!
How about a dashcam mount and 12v connect?`

Use an app on your smartphone to provide the display and control function so the WyzeDashCam is not burdened with extra hardware.

You could use a power bank and stick a microSD card in the wyzecam, and it would pick up most of what you want, but, moving objects are a big problem for these cams, the bitrate is too low, and it would tend to blur things.

the v2 cam would make a fine dashcam if i had a windshield mount, and 12v adapter. you might want to create a version.

also, how about a weather proof pan cam? would like to mount outside so i could use the night vision, which doesnt work thru glass…

Think it would be great to have a wyze dashcam that either comes with a long cable to connect to the fusebox or something along those lines, as well as a little shell that goes up against the windshield / rear window for optimal recording.

I know people are hacking together different solutions to use wyzecams for dashcams, would be nice to see something designed and streamlined for it however.

Yes. The a Wyze Guys need to develop a dashcam ASAP!

i would use the v2 as a dashcam in a second, if we had a proper suction cup mount, and 12v adapter.

I use the Scosche Magic Mount for that - check it out.

I have used a V2 camera as a dashcam for months. I am using a cigarette plug to USB adapter to power it, and the metal disk and double sided tape disk that come with the camera are mounted to the windshield such that the camera is behind the rear view mirror (towards the windshield) so it does not block my view at all. I have a 4x4 truck that DOES get used off road and have no problem with the camera falling off the disk. I have a 64 GB uSD card installed and the camera is set to record continuously.
The only issue I have had is that sometimes when I get home, the camera does not connect to my WiFi. A quick power cycle restores the connection.

Thanks for the info. I’ve been thinking about doing something like this, but I wasn’t sure how well it would work. I might do it now with that vote of confidence.