WyzeCam Web Browser Access

So I didn’t know which for to post this in, but after having Hue lights they made an app for macOS and Windows allowing

me to access my Hue lights at home and on the go. So this made me think is it possible for WyzeCam to do the same.

For example almost like the app but on the browser so it’d be cameras . wyzecam.com for example and login and can

view my cameras and recorded videos, would be a awesome feature. Just an idea :wink:

6 Likes

Chris - I just posted a way to do this for both Mac OS and Windows folks. I am a Mac user so I can only guarantee the Mac portion.

Here is the URL to the Wyze post that I made outlining the steps: https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyzecam-website-for-viewing-videos/#post-223629

It is not a dedicated app per se - but uses an Android OS emulator and the app TinyCam operating within the emulator to give a type of browser equivalent access to your cameras in the respective OS.

Edited to add later: I made a mistake (as was posted out by a friendly member) in identifying the Nox website: it is NOT Nox.com but BIGNOX.com. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I second this. There should be a web app where you can view a customization matrix of cameras. This way I could display 4 or 9 or whatever on a television.

6 Likes

If you have an Amazon Fire TV stick, which is android based, you can download the app from the google play store using a online APK downloader, & then simply “side-load” the app from your personal computer to your Fire TV stick. Then used ES-File explorer on your Fire TV & point it to your Windows P.C. & install it. Can see my cameras on my 50" 4k TV no problem.

4 Likes

For Android and Windows users:

I can confirm using the latest version of NoxPlayer (6.3.0.2 as of this posting), downloaded from www.bignox.com, works on my Windows 10 with the 1903 update.

Bignox emulates Android 5. I downloaded the Wyze app from the Play Store within the NoxPlayer, and logged in like I do on my Android phone and tablet. I am currently viewing my Wyze cameras on my Windows 10 computer using the emulator.

This was extremely easy to install and setup, so thank you for the direction on the NoxPlayer emulator for Windows.

3 Likes

Yes Please Wyze. Browser access for at least cam views is a must have - and should not be that hard to implement. I would imagine a single skilled coder could get you something within a couple weeks! Please do this asap.

3 Likes

I could have swore this was listed on their roadmap, but I just checked and I don’t see it on there.

This is another one of those “should have been there all along” - look at Ring. Can someone from Wyze please comment - this would be a really helpful addition?

Les

I just did this at the latest NoxPlayer level (6.6.1.3) and it it worked great! Not the ideal solution, but not bad. I can use this solution for another problem I have :smile:.

This was brought up at their most recent ama, it’s something they are working on but with the security aspect there’s quite a bit that goes into it. they know it has been requested for quite a while but they are looking into it

Bam, I’m a developer as well. Perhaps require MFA for web login, then you have a best in class security offering. The competition certainly makes it available, no need for you guys not to be best in class by requiring MFA and making more broad access available. Viewing security footage on a tiny screen, with a hard to use scrubbing tool, certainly isn’t a great UX.

1 Like

haven’t seen anyone address the fact that using one of the emulators eats up a LOT of memory!!! Just be aware of that :wink:

Where’s the 'VOTE" option (again) for this?
I’m not sure of they ‘why’ this wasn’t set from the git go. I suppose the re-flash is their solution.

This is a long standing Wishlist topic which is under development. Trust me-we all would like to see it!
You can go vote here:

Doesn’t work for me. The tracker back to NOX makes every Google play store item “not found”

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.