Wyzecam V3 - Larger than 32GB Micro SD Card

Cam Plus has no cooldown time on any of the cameras unless you set one.

Correct, I see that now. Events are recorded in up to 5 minute increments.

Thank you for the link and responses. I was looking at the 256GB sd card mentioned earlier in the thread. The 128GB makes more sense to me if it gives me the opportunity in terms of recording “time” to analyze video that may not appear in the Camplus feed. I would think 128 would store multiple days of continuous video. Thanks again for sharing. Best part about Wyze so far is the forum … LOL

If you do continuous recording it will not show up on cam plus, it all goes to the SD card. If you do events recording it goes to both. My V3 is very busy, sometimes during the day it records events every 1 or 2 minutes with some of them 2-3 minutes long. If I turn the notifications on I get a notification, and I can either view the event on cam plus or via playback from the SD.

Just installed a 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance card into a V3. Worked without formatting, and no issues after powering off and on. :grinning:

2 Likes

This is NOT true. Events recording only saves in the cloud. You have to enable, “Record to MicroSD Card” in advanced Settings to record on SD card.

Well of course you have to set it to record to the SD so what is your point?

Read what I quoted. If you do enable events recording ALONE, it won’t record to SD.

Anyone wanting to use a large card (>32GB) with the V3 may want to update the firmware to => 4.36.0.280.

While setting up a recently purchased V3, a Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb card was not recognized by the camera until the the 4.36.0.280 firmware update completed, then it worked without an issue. It was not recognized on older builds.

3 Likes

It looks like the maximum number of days Wyzecam V3 records is nine, which takes about 100 GB in Full HD on the microSD card. Therefore, any card larger than 128 GB appears to be a waste.

2 Likes

I just got a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 128GB V30 (model: sksqxbz-128g-ancma) and it works. Put it in my home system and it was already formatted as exFAT. Popped it into my V3 (firmware version 4.36.1.4) and formatted it. It showed 119GB available. I recorded a few seconds and was able to play it back with sound :star_struck:

I too could not get my 64 SD card to be recognized in my V3. Reformatted , no luck. I updated the firmware to 4.36.0.228 and that worked! I have two V2s also and they have always been very finicky about the SD cards

You are likely formatting your SD card with exFAT. This has been explained before in the forum. The early V3 firmware releases removed support for this format.

exFAT support was added in the later releases.

1 Like

Yes it does seem that way from the firmware notes.
For the record, previous issues with v3 were with cards formatted however they came from the box.

Most large capacity SD cards are sold exFAT-formatted.

I am running into this limitation currently. I have purchased 256 GB microSD cards for my cameras, but each camera only uses around 90 GB of their total capacity despite recognizing the full available size.

2 Likes

I recently had to change cards on a v3 camera and still had an issue with formatting. It wouldn’t recognize the card until formatted in an older version camera

Yeah, the current version of the firmware doesn’t record for more than ten days.

1 Like

Do you know if this limitation has always existed for the v3 camera? Sounds like the v2 did not have such a limitation.

For the v3, it was always an issue.

1 Like