Wyzecam V2 Motion Detection Issues

I’ll just throw in my findings to add to the pile. I have confirmed that motion tagging (the green box) is tracking motion in low light, made obvious by watching an SD recorded file.

I still, as others have experienced, don’t get motion alerts in low light conditions. My phone dings all day with alerts, but nothing past dusk.

Motion Tagging Alerts during night time isn’t working. I only get alerts during the day, not sure what the issue is.

Have any of you sent your log files to the team? To send your log files (Via IOS) goto my account, help and feedback, at the bottom of the page it will say Feedback in green letters, Tap on feedback and fill out the issue and details. phone number,ticket number, agent name is optional ( I would put Tao or Donsong in that field) then hit submit. Make sure there is a check mark next to:" Log file will be sent to the R&D team to help investigate".

Same Process for Android OS devices

Same here. Got a couple alerts after setting up camera, but couldn’t view most as it said something like no video available.

Since then I have walked by the camera at least 20 times and gotten 0 alerts. Not looking good here for my future with Wyze.

Did you try dragging the screen down? In the notifications view “no information” shows up, press and drag this icon down and it will refresh the screen. Give this a try.

The alerts show up in the notifications view, but they aren’t push alerts - you have to check notifications to find out about them. At least that’s the case for my android phone & tablet. It’s a huge and very frustrating bug.

To anyone having the “no video available” error: that just means the video hasn’t downloaded to your phone yet. Give it a few more seconds (depending on your download speed) and try again. Or wait for the video to show up before hitting play.

Unless patched, this notification bug is probably a deal breaker for many. Another issue I have is the super cheap long time interval between each 12 second motion events. Other security apps give you options to choose time in seconds until you want another event recorded after the previous one is done recording. Does anyone know what the default second/minutes they gave us is? Not open source, so unless they give us a variable time button then we are stuck. The large time frame between events that I am seeing on my camera looses almost all of whatever happened. My clips are uploaded relatively fast so cam is “ready” for more action but seams to wait for approximately 5 minutes between clips. Set conservatively, possibly because many people have slow upload speeds, and the single core cam processor is too slow to record, process and upload more than one event at a time (specs say only need upload speeds of 1.5mbs for hd and 1mbs for sd) ? Still, options rather than one size fits all would be nice WYZECAM! As long as I’m complaining -a detailed manual explaining such things for those of us interested would be nice.

From following the forum for a few days I Think the notification issue is on Android. And it has now been fixed butt I am not sure if the fix is still in beta or not.

The time delay for cloud recorded clips is 5 minutes. However with a SD card installed one minute clips will continuously be recorded until there is no more motion.

I am sure the 5 minute delay is to minimize FREE storage. I agree either a shorter timeout or a longer event would improve functionality but hey, this is a pretty awesome $20 camera and I personally am enjoying the heck out of it and plan on buying more. Go find a more expensive cam that people aren’t complaining and whining about something on it’s forum.

Nice call on the “free” storage. And I agree with you, these are nifty affordable cameras but the software is just too limiting for my taste. They are so many other free security apps that can be easily configured to work with your free Android 15GB google drive, and have a ton of extra features. Just noticed, if you add sound detection then, provided sound is detected in same event, you will get two 12 second clips for each 5 minutes of every possible castastrophe. Not much of an improvement (recording a whopping 24 seconds for every 5 minutes, or 8% !!! -so many things could happen the other 92% of the time!-and, no, I don’t consider local storage an option, especially if on-board an obvious security camera). The only way I would consider buying more of these “cute little toys” is if open source community written software were available for them (-;

1 Like

Whoooa!!! Is the XiaoFang WiFi Camera the same as Wyze? First mention that I have seen of this and I have read most posts since the V2 model came out. Will the hack work on Wyze?

Hacks look promising but applying seems too complicated currently for me. I may possibly use product in its current state but apparently only sparingly -lol. Again, on-board storage is only just a last resort for any security monitoring IMO. “Cool Down” is now completely understood thanks to toddreg’s previous clarification -for me it means you get 12-24 seconds of free cloud storage and 1 or 2 notifications(hopefully) for every 5 minute event -that is a whole lot of shite that can happen in between and lots of holes for you to fill WyzeCam! Absolutely better than nothing to be sure, by still not even close to replacing decent 50 year old caveman technology :wink:

1 Like

My issue exactly. Received 4 V2’s Friday, all 4 connected first time without issue, but all 4 will not motion detect when night vision is on. All 4 detect fine and record video clips fine in normal vision/daylight.

Notifications do not work under any circumstance.

All 4 of my new V2’s do this as well.

My notifications are working today. I got the new camera firmware last night and deleted and reinstalled the app. So today it is working.

Hopefully the 5 minute delay between notifications will be fixed. Certainly isn’t good to be waiting 5 minutes to get the next shot of the guy(s) cleaning out your house.

1 Like

Well if this is just a baby monitor or dog watcher, then yes - nothing to fix. Otherwise it is a serious flaw. As soon as a perp sees the camera and grabs it, - security monitoring gone, with no record if I use an SD card for logging.

1 Like

Same problem, very disappointing… plus not receiving any alerts!

FWIW I downloaded the beta version of the android app, and push notifications work perfectly now during the day. I haven’t tried them at night. They really should push the beta changes to the main app.

Also, an SD card really takes this camera up to 11. You can get a decent 32 gb micro sd card on amazon for less than $15 (link). Someone with more experience would have to chime in on how much sd memory is enough for these cameras, but I think I read somewhere that 32 is the limit (plus the higher gb cards tend to be less reliable). The 16 gig cards are less than $10.

It’s mentioned in another post somewhere on this forum, but I believe you’re correct the official supported max is 32 GB.

Although the manufacturer does not support it, many users have had success with larger size cards if you can format them a particular way. I personally am running a 128 GB card with no issues. It holds about 10 days of continuous recording in HD. I remember seeing one user was using a 200 GB card.

Some people have reported success with exFAT, but I had to put my card into a Linux machine and force format it fat 32 because windows will not let you do that with 128 GB card. So definitely not a trick I would recommend for novice users. But it does work .

1 Like

Same issue. Received four of these the other day.

No push notifications and no recording when night vision is turned on and only in when that function is turned off.

Motion detection in night vision mode, you can clearly see the green box appearing on the object moving.

Sent feedback log via the app. This is disappointing.

Same here. I have Android (Huawei Mate SE, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage) with “Nougat” and I am able to play video once, never got push notification on the phone for any of the cameras. I can manually look at “notification” tab manually, but that defies the purpose.

(One “bug” is that when I added second camera, it was not capturing anything then I found that the “motion detection” and “sound detection” were disabled by default. I did turn it on manually, but again no push notification).