WyzeCam Outdoor vinyl siding mount

I saw those at lest I’m guessing they are the same ones but not sure exactly how they would mount to the base based off their design

Not sure about the ones with the screws. For the regular holiday light hanger style ones I have, I just drilled a hole in the center of the V2 base and jammed it over the clip tab, bending it just a bit. It has worked remarkably well. Of course the WOC is bigger and heavier.

41aB5aOF5IL.AC_SY400

1 Like

Yeah. I saw those. Wasn’t too sure about them. Hoping someone will redo the files for the corner mount. I think that would work for my location as well.

1 Like

I bet the screw kind could be made to work pretty well with the WOC.

41OkyrmW-lL.AC_SY400

1 Like

@Ken.S Would you be able to tweak the corner mount files in order for it to hold a WCO mount?

I ended up getting these, they work pretty well. Fairly cheap on amazon. I’ve been meaning to stick a small amount of 3m tape on the back to make it a little more sturdy. I feel like i could throw a ball at it, and it could possibly loosen it up and fall.

2 Likes

So did you just reverse the screw and attach directly to the tripod mount in the camera? Or something more fancy? It looks like for other cameras people use 2 or more clips to match the camera stand holes…

two clips for the stand holes.

1 Like

do u have a link to a existing project?

also, is the location you currently have your WCO close to a soffit by chance? I saw this posted somewhere, using a flat bar in your soffit…no hardware installation needed. I just added this recently.

3 Likes

@Ken.S I am going to put one camera under the soffit to face the road. Just need to find some additional screws and nuts to fit the Wyze base and a bracket similar to that. The corner would go over my door as pictured above

I found this file. The revamp looks like the same siding and corner I have in my pocket above

I’ll see what I can do

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate it @Ken.S
Did you use the OEM screws to mount to the back strap

No, I used #6 x 1/2 sheet metal screws

1 Like

@Ken.S Thanks. You are most helpful. I’ll grab me a pack

1 Like

Especially like the “two eyes” effect! Very intimidating!

:grinning: :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:

M1 :stuck_out_tongue:

shhhhhhh :upside_down_face:

I keep getting a 404 when trying to download the files…

Well dayum @Ken.S. That sucks. I’ll see if I can find it on another site

I’m not see that file on any other site of where he modified the previous one.

bummer, I posted a comment, hopefully the creator will respond