WyzeCam Outdoor -- long gray blanks spaces in video recordings

I have four WyzeCam Outdoors, and most times when I record video with them, there are long stretches that are just gray and blank. Then, it seems to recover, then go gray again. If I shoot 10 seconds of video, generally half of the video is lost to these gray blank spaces. It doesn’t happen all the time, but most videos are like that.

Welcome to the forums! How are you recording with the wco? Manual button or scheduled recording? Can you post the videos or screen shots so folks have a visual aid? What’s the firmware that’s on the camera and base, and app version you are using? Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I’ll upload some videos. If I can figure out how to. :smile:

I’m using the app to record. Haven’t scheduled anything.

Firmware is up to date. I update faithfully.

Ok… I give up. How do I post videos and associate them with this thread? :smile:

Best,

Alan

Okay, I’ve posted some videos to YouTube (having finally figured out that I’m NOT posting them here! :slight_smile: )

Here are the links:

Best,

Alan

Okay, I’ve posted some videos to YouTube (having finally figured out that I’m NOT posting them here! :slight_smile: )

Here are the links:

Best,

Alan

That looks like a defective device. The video picture shouldn’t be doing that, the way the time stamp is “melting” leads me to believe that it’s a problem upstream from the sensor. I’d submit a app log along with the links to the video when you make a call, are in contact with support. That way it can be pushed up the ladder so the log can be associated with the video timestamp to see if any data can touch on what’s up. If you do this, post the ticket number in here and I’ll see what I can do but sending it on also. Bummer this is happening! :frowning: thanks for making the videos!

Here is the phone number:
Wyze Support by phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

There is also chat on the support website, but for a quicker contact I’d recommend the phone. The most I’ve personally had to be on hold was right at 20 minutes, but got what I needed during the call.

Thanks, Omgitstony!

The only problem is that it’s all four (Edit: five) of my Outdoor cams! They all record videos like that.

I was thinking of other things to add to the description. Here are a few more:

• I have an old phone (iPhone 7)
  • The cameras are all indoors, pointing out… so looking through glass. However, if I turn them around so that they’re not pointing through glass, they all make the same kinds of videos.
  • I bought them all from Amazon.
  • I bought them on two [Edit: three] separate occasions – one with a “Starter Kit,” and the other three [Edit: four, with an additional base station] as “add-ons,” and, again, all through Amazon.
  • Finally, the app crashes all the time, and it appears to do so when any recording gets longish: say 30 seconds or more.
  • [Edit] Finally, finally; I misspoke. I have five Wyze Outdoor cameras. I forgot that I had purchased another one as a “Bird Cam.” All five cameras have the the same video recording problem. All five came from Amazon. All five are inside pointing out.
  • [Edit] And, last (I think), I have two base stations to accommodate the five cams. The problem has been in place, though, from the day I had the first camera and just the one base station.

And, I apologize if that’s all stuff that I should have said before, but I figured this would be a known thing, since it happens with all four (five) cameras.

Does any of that assist at all?

Best,

Alan

Yea there are some things we can try. What app version are you on now? How about trying:

upgrade the base station to the new firmware that came out today.
Delete app from phone, restart phone and then reinstall app.

Does that help? Thanks for all the updates!

Thanks! I’m going to give it a try! I’ll let you know.

Best,

Alan

1 Like

Hi, Omgitstony! I tried it. I updated the base stations firmware, and deleted and reinstalled the app. No luck. All five Wyze Outdoor cameras still record what look like stretches of blank gray space of varying lengths.

Did you see the edits I made to the long post before?

And, THANK YOU for your time and expertise!

Best,

Alan