WyzeCam only recording for 1 hour at a time?

Hey all,

I have a bunch of WyzeCams around the house. previously I had a 32gn SD in a pan cam, which worked just fine. Recorded about 1.5 days of footage at a time. Just popped it in and no problem.

A few weeks later i popped a bunch of 64gb SC cards into other cameras around the house, but no dice. All the cameras now only record for 1 hour, rather than for a day or more (including the one that worked fine before).

I tried formatting the cards, resetting the devices. etc. I’ve checked the settings for schedules and i’ve set the cameras to SD rather than HD.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I believe Wyze only supports up to 32G cards, all though I see people use larger ones with success. BTW, I get 3.5 days on my 32G card recording in HD.

1 Like

did U format new 64 cards?
with what setting?

search forum.

Welcome to the community, @orlyandilan. I would recommend searching through the support articles. This one in particular might be useful to you.

Do they record for an hour then stop or keep recording and overwriting?

There is a lot of info on continuous recording that video cards like the ones in our cams are subjected to. Standard data cards are not designed for it and develop problems.
Here are some resources:

Info on High Endurance Cards

High Endurance Cards

Memory card formatter

I have 64 gb SanDisk cards in my cams (3 5) with no issues (non endurance cards, but YMMV).

Maybe you have a boatload of “movement” at each of your cams, which might influence the amount of data written.