WyzeCam Ethernet Data Adapter

Agreed, as an option that is not required on the basic v2 build. Plenty of wyze cam users would buy usb-to-ethernet adapters. Like I said before poe would be ideal, but even a non poe version would be fantastic. Generic usb dongles are $10-20 on amazon, you already have drivers for the wyse sense.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen I know this has been marked as maybe later but I believe that it really only needs firmware to make this happen? Can you pretty please bring this up to the team?

1 Like

Hey @UserCustomerGwen Please Give this a good look. Your speed in making a webcam firmware chimes the simplicity of this request.

2 Likes

You just typed exactly what I have been thinking!

I’ll share this with the team. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Please do.

Any update @UserCustomerGwen ?

If you can also send this link over, Dafang hacks already implemented ethernet support. It doesn’t seem that hard.

1 Like

I + 1 this. An implementation like what the amazon fire stick does would be great.

1 Like

Hey thanks, I didn’t even know this was a known Firestick hack.

@UserCustomerGwen any updates on this?

Am very interested!:grin:

No, not at this point. Thanks for checking in!

Ok @UserCustomerGwen Ill check back in in a week.

2 Likes

Always a pleasure, Isaac! See you next week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this even on any roadmap? I’m looking to replace the Wyze cams since there is no commitment on fixing the RTSP issues, but would love to keep them if there is a chance these cameras will get the USB2ethernet dongle support. Thanks

1 Like

Hey @UserCustomerGwen and @WyzeDave is there any updates on this?

No, not yet. Where were you, @engineerisaac? I thought we had a thing going? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@teredactle, I’ve heard some of my coworkers discussing this idea but I wouldn’t make a promise about it yet.

4 Likes

I didn’t want to crowd ya, Nor did I want to be “That guy”, I really want this feature to be a thing. It would make my stack of cameras come back to life.

1 Like

lol we can all still push together. either way i am excited for the future, and as an optimist i believe that we will see this as a feature! #wyzeforever