Wyze works with Alexa

I don’t know all of the reasons that we don’t have that set up for but I know that part of it is due to us not being an international company. I recommend that you vote for this over in the Roadmap section of the forum so that the team knows to consider/look into it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your responses. I’m disappointed that I can’t access the Wyze cameras from my fancy new Echo Show 2nd gen… it was one of the primary reasons I got it! I’ll ask in the Roadmap section then.

Any plans to add the new sensor API to the Wyze Alexa skill? That way you can use a camera motion event as a trigger in an Alexa routine.

Hi @garryseto, To add to what’s been said, we would like to avoid pushing out features in territories where we cannot fully support yet since this can lead to bad customer experience. Specific to Alexa DE, we need to consider localization and make sure that service is available without delays. Doing so requires us to make sure that we are performing within acceptable delays, otherwise we will not get the necessary certification and approval from Amazon. There are other considerations that we need to think through but these are just some of them.

1 Like

I’m from India and Wyze skill is not available for Alexa India. Kindly make it available. I use the device to monitor my new-born with Echo Spot and it is extremely difficult without the skill.

See my reply here: Wyze Cam's in India : Extreme Conditions - #3 by Loki

Nope, no sign of the Alexa skill on my Amazon app,

Hi @marcoscu, unfortunately Alexa is only supported in the US and Canada. Please see the article below.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012424431-How-do-I-use-Alexa-with-my-Wyze-Cam-

There’s also more information in this thread:

1 Like

Gd’day Mark, I guess there won’t be much localization support required for enabling the WYZE skill for India… Amazon works on English…I am sure you should have the data of how much users you have right now who is out of US… please do consider enabling this skill. I couldn’t use Google or Alexa to control my home light or camera…

1 Like

Hello!
Streaming cameras only work on Amazon devices that have a screen and can display video. The Wyze skill works with all devices that are connected to your Wyze account, including devices shared by other Wyze users. By the way, anyone searching for payment gateway provider Dubai, Click here