Wyze Wired Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 4/19/2022

Have you cleared your Cache from within the App? Clearing the Cache, the logging out of the App, restarting the device, and then logging back in seemed to help me in the past.

In addition, rebooting the router has helped me out. Last Resort though for me.

Clear cache - May help on first connection after clear but after that back to stuck.
Logout/in - Made no difference

The only thing that reliably unsticks the authenticate 3/3 is if there is motion in the camera view.
I believe they have a task scheduler issue to where the authenticate task only gets run when there is motion. Or alternatively the task scheduler is stuck waiting for motion.

I have 2 wired doorbells. 2 different houses. 2 different wifi’s. Same issues of getting stuck on 3/3 on both. Different phones Android or iOS same.
Typical troubleshooting techniques and such don’t work.

However… leaving each camera in night mode works perfectly except that it’s Black and white.
This has been a solid work around for me. Putting the cameras in auto just goes back to getting stuck at 3/3.

Waiting for fix……

Thanks.

1 Like

Is this after you put the new beta firmware on them, if so, could you send in a log and post the log number here. Thank you

It seems to get stuck less often if I set the motion detection sensitivity to 100.

Could someone else try this ?

Log ID 550827 and 550842

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know!

@WyzeJasonJ
Log ID 551450

Well, that update fixed it for a day. Now it’s right back to being stuck on 3/3.

Been having at times that it will go through the 1-3 process and repeat the process and either load or say failure to connect and clicking retry happens to connect back instantly. Clearing cache, rebooting device/power cycling or rebooting router does not resolve this. Seems to last about a day and then starts doing this again. I’ll submit logs as soon as it happens again.

Please just give us the ability to roll back to the last version that actually worked (4.25.0.313).

seems to be fine so far - noticed once or twice, maybe after re-opening the app and going to view doorbell, it went back to SD - I changed it back to HD and so far it seems to be holding.

I agree. Support says they can’t but I’m guessing the don’t want to

Still stuck at 3/3.

Can we PLEASE get an option to downgrade to some working firmware!!??

Between this and the latest plug firmware disaster, I’m done with updates from now on.

Wyze keeps breaking perfectly good stuff. My supply of paperweights is getting too big!

Frankly, no one should be testing beta anything unless they are prepared for some serious setbacks, especially when you consider the actual releases are pretty much just late stage betas, so these are often early betas with minimal pre-testing.

Anyway, I definitely agree there should be a way to rollback. I recall during a hardware beta test, they did have a way to rollback, so it’s not impossible. Make it only available in the beta apps to avoid problems with the release users. It should not be that difficult.

1 Like

It’s not a beta issue. The official release is what broke things. The reason some of us even tried the beta is to try to help repair the damage caused by the faulty non-beta releases.

Completely agree though that no one should be griping if a beta breaks something.

Oh, confused then, thought this was the db beta thread. But ya, when it comes to Wyze, especially after testing beta hardware, I’ve come to the conclusion everything Wyze is essentially a beta.

1 Like

Thanks for this workaround (Turning Night Vision Mode ON, instead of letting it default to AUTO).
Settings
Advanced
Night Vision Mode
ON
I tried setting the Sensitivity to 100% and that did not work consistently.

Still stuck at 3/3.
Still waiting on some working firmware.
Still wishing I’d never “upgraded”.

1 Like

These past few firmwares are still of problems where I now don’t get any recordings or notifications and it fails to connect half the time every day and flipping the breaker everyday to fix it is becoming very annoying that I’m at the point where I’m just going to replace this with another ring device. I really didn’t mind this at all but not having a working video doorbell is a pain.

1 Like