Wyze Webview Beta Now Available! - 11/23/21

This used to work OK with Edge Chromium under Windows 10/11, but it is definitely buggy under the newer versions of Edge Chromium (like version 99.0.1150.39 64-bit). You can popup one live view sometimes, then cannot add a second camera, or sometimes no cameras will load.
The event viewing works pretty good.

Aside from all the cumbersome redirects and login issues from the hopefully temporary beta configuration, I find the webview to work poorly overall. It will not maintain a stream in chrome, freezing on frame such that is not obvious, so you think you’re watching live. This across multiple OS, Mac, linux, Win

If you then refresh, you’ll either find the issue resolved if the session is still active and doesn’t require a login. What the session parameters are is unknown, but the login alternative is a PITA. When it does redirect to login, you’ll get an error message - Full authentication is required - routinely, the same one, I think, that you get if you bookmark the webview login page directly. Like anyone would do in order to access conveniently?

Why does Wyze not want us to easily access this beta service? It needs considerable input from users to be useful. Perhaps they do not know this, that the access is cumbersome.

Because it is dependably unreliable I’m going to abandon it for now, after giving my input here. The novelty has worn off and the prospect of having a video feed up on one of my ancillary monitors is slim for now, at least one that is live, or one that you can determine is live at a glance. It takes too much effort to keep checking it, refreshing, going through all the redirects, subsequent errors, and more login attempts.

That’s my experience to date with the beta.

4 Likes

I’m certain someone has already suggested this…but is there a reason we’re going with the proxy all streams through AWS and attempt to stream through wyze webview?

A solution for my needs would be to embed a lightweight http server on the camera’s themselves via software patch and just expose the raw stream over HLS essentially self-host the server, and you’d get a basic webview with a simple html template and a video tag that would be accessible at the IP/hostname of the camera on your local network.

I personally don’t need to access a webview from anywhere outside of the house, I just want to be able to have the webview(s) up while I’m in my office, will almost always use the ios app outside of the house.

I stream to VLC via RSTP on my V2s. It does pretty well. I am really wanting to just have a local dashboard that plays all my Wyze Cams the way they are trying to do here via the web. I would prefer that in case the internet goes down, I could still access my cameras inside the house. AND, I would have no problem paying for it. Everything they do have you pay for is very affordable.

I have it, and really like it.

What’s the difference between WebView and using the app? Shouldn’t they be essentially the same?

I have my cameras shared with my wife. They work fine when I’m logged in, but she gets a message about needing CamPlus. I guess this doesn’t share the same backend as the app.

Why can’t I use the web viewer. I bought Cam Plus. It worked until today. But now it doesn’t work. I want to see my cam live feed from my laptop.

Hello @frederickwiddowson and welcome to the community.

What happens when you attempt to view the camera?

Thanks. It just says that my phone app can’t connect. I started to get a message on my phone app that said Network not Stable, switch to 360 but that didn’t help. My internet is fine. I’ve got over 200mbps download and other devices are working fine. I was able to use the Wyze Web Viewer on my laptop at least for the live feed but now it says that my camera isn’t supported.

I preferred able use Firefox Support!

What model of camera is this that is saying it is not supported?

I think I’ve discovered my problem. At any given time I have 5 computers and a phone operating from my internet wi-fi. If there is any fluctuation in that the camera won’t connect. Neither the web viewer works or the phone app or sometimes just the phone app. I found that rebooting my modem makes things better. I am reaching out to my ISP to see if maybe there is something wrong with my modem. Right now my camera is working on both my phone app and my laptop. Thank you for your help.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Why does using this feature in Chrome activate my PCs camera and or microphone? It lit up and Chrome has the red dot next to the tab and says this tab is using your camera or microphone.

“Because it is dependably unreliable”… that sums it up. I have more than a few Wyze products and they are all “dependably unreliable”. I work from home. My Wyze Doorbell camera is about 15 feet from my high-end router. The camera disconnects throughout the day. My Wyze Android App shuts down throughout the day as well - at different times from the camera. I had a network engineer install my wifi system, just to make sure I wasn’t screwing things up. My camera connections (on the Wyze app). show maximum bars (signal strength). But at least there’s a new Wyze Bolt Lock available now! I wonder how “dependable” that thing is?

So, just a few things I’ve realized throughout the last two years I’ve experimented with TinyCam, Zumimall, CloudEdge, Nest, Arlo, etc. ALL of these cameras struggle with Mesh WiFi systems and the 5Ghz spectrum. I settled on Asus mesh routers (i.e., RT-AC5300) and I split the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. I then assigned the two (2) 2.4GHz antennas to the cameras, one 5Ghz antenna for the backbone and the remaining 5GHz antenna I reserved for phones and my office computer.

I also have 2.4GHz repeaters in the home extremities to further complicate things, but it taught me a lesson: the order in which you power things up is also important when you’re running a mesh network - start with the router connected to the modem, then the mesh nodes, powering up the repeaters last.

Eventually I’ll re-do the networking and the final lesson learned: there it NOTHING like good old-fashioned networking. Take the time to run the ethernet cables, patch ports on the walls, and PoE repeaters directly attached to a dedicated network switch. This mesh stuff is just more trouble than it’s worth.

Wyze Beta live [web cam view] view doest work for my wyze truck with a black V2 cam…just wanted to let your programmers know…

Also for whats its worth.

Can you guys add an icon for a ceiling fan with 4 light bulbs on it, i use colored bulbs in all my house fans, its a little thing but i would really like it…

1 Like

Any update on getting sharing fixed? Sharing works fine in the app, just not in the Webview.

Just installed the new deadbolt and went to the garage to put stuff away - sat down for a minute to look at e-mail “in the Garage” and my watch tells me the garage door just opened??? The camera is off - the garage door is closed - I look at the app on my phone and nothing seems amiss so I dismiss it - but wonder - if I were away and got this message I would be concerned and wouldn’t know for sure - I guess - if the camera were on while away and the door were closed it would show it and I wouldn’t have to worry but - then I get a notice on my watch that the garage door has been open for more than 5 minutes - wondering why these messages are happening not just in the garage where nothing is amiss but all of my indoor cameras report sound so often that I have to ignore them or silence them to continue with business rather than pay attention to a real threat - interesting that monitoring by noonlite does not generate any communication as there is no sound during playback so that makes sense but - if there is no sound at playback why are the cams generating an alert in the first place???

Is the Webview ever going to work in Firefox?