Wyze Webview Beta Now Available! - 11/23/21

As others stated, the doorbell isn’t currently supported for live view. However you can see the doorbell event videos. All of mine are rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise

2 Likes

It works for me, but my wife is unable to view the cameras. It seems like only the named account holder for CamPlus has access, and not trusted family members who have been granted access through sharing.

Hopefully this will be resolved when the feature goes public, since I don’t want to hand out my Wyze credentials.

5 Likes

Working on this end as expected. Can now use my secondary monitor as I’ve been wanting to do since day one. Thanks!

2 Likes

I really wish you would support live stream for the battery powered cameras too. I get that it could affect battery longevity but personally I am okay with that. I doubt that I will be sitting in my office all day watching the live feed of my outdoor camera anyway.

4 Likes

This is an awesome first step toward a full-featured app. To see my camera views full screen on my MacBook Pro is tremendous. My vision isn’t the best and this is very helpful. I encourage you to give this very high priority.

1 Like

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen! I posted some initial observations in another thread: https://forums.wyze.com/t/your-thoughts-on-wyze-webview-beta-so-far/203444/9?u=ttaylorg1

Mine does not work. 11 Cam Plus cameras. All accessible fine from app. Severn V3’s on yesterday’s firmware update, and working. Logged in to beta site, see blocks representing all cameras. Click on any and pretty circle just spins. No view no matter how long I wait.

4 Likes

Is it possible to update the message in the UI then as right now it reports the cameras and just tells you a firmware update is needed? Thanks

This won’t work on my Wyze Cam Outdoor even though it is using Cam Plus.

1 Like

Jimmy from Wyze™ Yesterday at 7:15 PM

WCO is not supported for Web View at all regardless of firmware - we’re not planning to support battery-operated cameras as disrupting their deep sleep can tremendously affect their battery longevity.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that on WCO as I can still see recorded events via this Webview.

2 Likes

thanks for offering this beta! Some observations:

1. Doesn’t work through my firewall (Surfshark), even though I added wyze.com to the whitelist. Gives the adblocker error for captcha.Tried multiple browsers, disabled adblock where present, but only way I could connect is by turning off the firewall

2. I see someone posted that doorbells aren’t supported - here is what I experience with my doorbell (not plus):
    a. I see a play button in the liveview box showing a view of my doorbell with yesterday’s timestamp, but play never loads
    b. I can view and play events, but the last 12 hours of events don’t show up

3. When I find my CAM2 I will update the firmware and test that. Need to find that before my Wyze Car gets here!

wow your outdoor cams get to sleep ?
Mine records almost all day. living in the country there is always a critter somewhere setting it off …

well i have lifetime cam+ on all my devices . i realize the outdoor cams will display the firmware warning cause they are not compatable . my other cams work sometime with chrome but never with firefox even on PC .

my biggest concern is my cams are shared with my wife . when she logs into the webview it tells her she needs to purchase a cam+ subscription . this is not how it works in the app … are you plaining to fix this . also all the cams show as needing firmware update when she logs in . but if i login only 2 cams show needing firmware which is the outdoor ones …

hope you get this sorted .

1 Like

Hi, everyone!

I have an update from the team! More specifically, from @WyzeShawn. :slight_smile:

Update 11/24/21

Thanks all for actively testing the new Wyze Webview! As we are testing, I want to keep you updated about several known issues we are currently working on:

• For device compatibility, the team is working on enabling more devices in the future. This includes Wyze Video Doorbell. Due to current limitations, we cannot support battery-powered cameras (like Wyze Cam Outdoor). But we’ll keep researching the solution there!

• For slow loading live streams, a firmware improvement will become available in the upcoming weeks. Please stay tuned and update your firmware when it arrives. Thanks for your understanding!

Here’s a link to our current Wyze Webview FAQ. We’ll be updating it over time. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Appears to be down

I was able to just open it using Edge browser

I never use Microsoft browser’s. They’re too hackable but I’ll try a different one

I am at work and it was the only one available

It has been reported to the development team and they are working on it. :+1: