Ideas for indoor/outdoor wireless access point (WAP)

Hello Wyze!

I think that you guys should make a WiFi range extender that is weatherproof. This would be nice to have with the Outdoor Camera you are working on as well as for non Wyze products such as a smart phone to use when outside of your house.

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to be more inclusive and to enhance search clarity.

There are lots on the market already. Slapping a Wyze logo on one doesn’t seem necessary.

1 Like

Yes but, from Wyze’s point of view it would bring in some extra money for them.

1 Like

Plus imo the less brands to tie together the better. I understand some brands do things better than others. But when it’s a product that any company can make I like to stick with a single company or the fewest companies possible.

Yes. That is why I would like Wyze to make this. I like their products and would like to stay with them. Eventually, I would like most of my smart home products to have a Wyze logo on it.

1 Like

I guess that’s why Apple has done so well.:slight_smile:
I guess I’m not that brand loyal.

2 Likes

Yeah
Lol

1 Like

Would love to have Wyze Outdoor cameras or V3 Cam extend a lot further in range. A base station booster, and outdoor base station range extender, whatever is possible, but I was hoping for 150 feet through wooded property. Right now I get about 40 feet or so.

1 Like

Are there plans to design a WiFi extender for the v3 camera when it is mounted outdoors? Mine keeps losing connection to my WiFi

I watched your success video because of cam plus. If you want to turn wyze into the #1 wifi outdoor camera over night…create a Wyze camera WiFi extender similar to wavlink

Or give the Wyze outdoor camera the ability to connect to a wifi extender. out door cam is meant to use where you dont have wires. On a ranch or bigger location, an extender would change the game for this model of camera for sure.

Booster option

I would really like to have the option to purchase a booster designed for the outside camera package to extend the distance to place cameras.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Wyze WiFi booster / extender.

There are many outdoor access points (WAP) that do the job. If Wyze does make one it will be one of these with a Wyze label on it.

“One of these” no link or info atached

Sorry, I didn’t realize you didn’t have access to Google or Amazon.

TP-Link is fine. I use this type. It works good, just not well known.

Make sure it supports the 2.4Ghz band.

Wireless Access Point

I would like to see a wireless 6e Access point with a 2.5Gbe PoE port (or optional power supply). I know they just came out with a mesh system, but my main router is going to be a Firewalla Gold Plus. That will be a far more robust and secure device than any generic mesh system. So if they had an access point that had 2.5Gbe ports I could use them to provide better wifi than a mesh system every would.