Wyze Watch V2

so update. I went ahead and purchased the 47m to try out. its display of the sleep mode on the watch and on the app is much better! Not very accurate though! However its huge watch! I am concerned I will be snagging it in my sleep! As for the SP02. its not very accurate. I worked for a medical mfg for 10 years. I know a thing about design of this tech. I own one of our vital sign monitors, so I hooked up the SP02 sensor and compared to the watch. As I suspected the watch is consistently lower. It never has hit 100% I wonder why! it ave. between 97% and 98% most of the time. A healthy individual will have a consistent 100% O2sat reading. Additionally, many times it fails to read at all! and sets a message to ā€œwear the watch and try againā€¦ā€ So I think they need to work on this feature. As for heart rate, this seems to be pretty accurate, within Ā± 2BPM of my VSM device. Still not sure if i will keep the watch.

i went ahead and bought the watch. figured i can return it if i donā€™t like it. i have not been able to get rid of the ugly backgrounds and just want that blank screen like yours. tried the process you suggested. it did not work. tried setting the watch to factory. did not work. seems odd, there is no consistency in how these work!

Edit- simply by deleting all of the up to 3 (user selected) watch faces from the app, the clean digital Time, Day and Date are displayed after the app connects to the watch.

Hmm. Did you load a photo face into the watch as a first step? (See the link below. I used the photo face with digits on top. Donā€™t know if other face formats work or not.)

1 Load a photo face into the watch.
You will find loading the photo into the watch takes a minute or so over the slooow Bluetooth link. If you donā€™t remember this annoying wait, you likely skipped this step.

2 Once the photo and time/date shows on the watch, go back to the app and delete the watch from the app. At the Wyze app Home, click the watch, click the 3dot menu upper right, scroll down to bottom to see delete option.

3 Then re-add the watch by clicking the + on the main Home screen upper left. I saw that my previous photo faces in the app had been deleted, and the digits only were displayed on the watch.

I donā€™t know if this works for the WW44.

Photo face instructions are midway down here: https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053102171-Custom-Watch-Faces

Let me know how this goes for you, hope it helps.

MDR

1 Like

Wish my wyze watch would show me a video of my doorbell camera or at least a picture.

I donā€™t understand this wishlist, basically what youā€™re asking for is a fully-fledged smartwatch costing many times more than what the current offerings cost. To me what youā€™re wanting is a Wyze Watch Pro rather than a Wyze Watch V2.

Thatā€™s not to say there isnā€™t room for improvement, but if you want/need the features you listed, then Wyze Watch wasnā€™t the right watch for you to begin with.

2 Likes

Totally agree; let Wyze fix and improve existing, often skeletal, functionality instead of adding expensive and half-baked additional functions.

3 Likes

watch

gentlemen

I think that the WYZE programmers should dabble in a new FIRMWARE that includes the Blood Pressure and also give more information to the USER in general how many km they have traveled as well. To lead a more accurate statistics on the application.

The Watch for the price of $ 20 is perfect light, pleasant and comfortable with all its applications of Oxygen, Cardio, Calories, Sport, Steps should give the information in Kilometers as well.

It is my personal opinion to add (Arterial Tension) and in the application of STEPS PERFORMED ALSO ADD KILOMETERS PERFORMED ā€¦

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Marcello Dionisi

1 Like

How Wyze should beā€¦ watching.

1 Like

yes, but does that support the Wyze hardware? and if so, will Wyze even take advantage of it and incorporate the changes in their software? I hope so, because the two watches I own from them have major flaws! making them really not ready for prime time!

Marcello, blood pressure measurement without an inflatable band is so difficult technically that it is absolutely out of the question for a $20 watchā€“even the expected Galaxy 4 wonā€™t have it, so we have to be realistic in our expectations and wishes.

Also, all the GPS-less watch does is counts the steps, and your step length is different than the next personā€™s. Just use a calculator and multiply the number of steps by the average step length of your stepā€¦ if you know what it isā€“no kidding.l! :slight_smile:

Nah, the current Wyze watches are nearly certainly incapable of supporting WearOS.

Actually this is not completely true. I worked for a medical device mfg for over 10 years. we were working on a wearable NIBP monitor, and ECG as well. There are several watches out now with this. It does not read the BP by pressure, but by optical sensors. Its an estimate, but fairly accurate. I had an interview with Apple before I left that medical company. I mistakenly gave them an idea for a wearable ECG monitor. Sure enough about 2 years later Apple announced their watch with this ECG tech. I never got any credit for it. I have found $35 watches with this tech in them! obviously stolen and copied in China. here is a link for more BP watches: https://www.superwatches.com/fitness-trackers-for-blood-pressure/

Thanks for the list. However, when you dig into the details, youā€™ll notice that all these $30-$40 BP measuring watches give only approximate results. Iā€™d like to see a table listing the results for a a number of these watches tested in the same person at the same timeā€¦

like I said. the BP is an interpreted. not pressure.
None the less, i have decided to return the watch, it stopped connecting a few days ago and unable to get it to work since. even factory restā€¦ its not ready for prime time.

Iā€™m enjoying the watch 47 so far but Iā€™d love to see more integration with Wyzeā€™s own products such as receiving push notifications and snapshots of camera/doorbell alerts. Or notifications of the sprinkler controller running. Iā€™m heavily invested in the Wyze ecosystem with multiple cameras, video doorbell, thermostat, and sprinkler controller and now the watch. Iā€™d love the watch to have greater functionality with the other products. As it is I only receive notifications of calls and voicemails. Not texts or other alerts of any kind.

if you want to get txt, you need to make sure your notifications for messaging is turned on in your phone message app.
My watch stopped getting alerts all together, and would never work again even after me resetting it. I returned the watch for a refundā€¦ its not ready for prime time.

Yeah all my notifications are on for both the watch and my phone with still no notifications unfortunately. Iā€™ll keep the watch because for the price for what it is itā€™s worth it currently.

Would be great to have wither a push notification (with a direction arrow) or some other way of using Google Maps (or other map programs) with this watch. Thatā€™s the only thing missing! Would be great to be able to do basic navigation with the watch while my phone is in my pocket.

Hey Wyze can you make a watch that has GPS tracking and seperates diffrent activities like bikeing running ect. for example like the garmin Instinct.
Thanks - brigham

I love love the Wyze watch I just wish it was a little better at tracking exercise. I didnā€™t expect the world at the price point and I donā€™t need respond to text, change music, make calls etc. I also understand that if I want to constantly track my exercise output the battery will not last as long , but that should be my choice. (Do need ability to buy more chargers). I would be more than willing to pay more and lose battery time to track my heart more than once every 5 mins and oxygen levels. Yes the band does more of that ā€¦ but us older folks with bad eyes need a bigger screen. And Wyze I am willing to pay more than 20ā€¦ but donā€™t need to spend $500 on an iWatch for features I donā€™t need or want.