Wyze Watch V2

My point EXACTLY. And short of Wyze being called out by a major online tech entity/reviewer, the ONLY way customers will ever get what they’ve been promised and what they have paid for, is to hold Wyze to their advertising claims.

How? By support requests/emails, over and over if necessary, and by not giving up when you get a canned reply the first, second… or any other time. DEMAND that you get what has been advertised/promised in a product… otherwise they will just keep letting issues/problems slide, and keep screwing the public for as long as they can get away with it.

Do people think that Wyze doesn’t monitor these forums? If the problems expressed were not legitimate, doesn’t it seem odd the Wyze is so conspicuously silent on the threads/posts of people having issues with their products??
I’m willing to bet that they have read every post on every thread concerning problems with the watches, and are formulating responses that best fit their agenda. No doubt something that will attempt to draw attention away from this products failings, and does it’s best to “smooth it over” in such a way as to make Wyze blameless, and not require them to lift a finger to repair or replace all those watches with faulty 02 sensors that they’ve already sold/gotten paid for.

I think you are judging the Wyże team too harshly, or you have never been close to a project of launching such a complex and incredibly inexpensive product.

First of all, do you even realize what technical issues are involved in getting a reading of you SpO2 from your fingertip? On your $20 watch?

Haven’t they put a big disclaimer that this is NOT a mefical-grade device and the results may be approximate?

Isn’t this a pre-launch product, not completely polished and debugged? Something that will only get better as the bugs are fixed and additional features are implemented?

If your answer to any of these questions is positive, you should have bought an Apple or Samsung watch, which with all their huge R&D resources may be more likely to meet your expectations. Just don’t expect even they will replace a dedicated oximeter…

2 Likes

“Results may be approximate” — 8% difference is not approximate. Normal is 95 to 100%, at 90% that is the beginning of hypoxemia. Approximate, IMO, would be a difference of maybe 1 or 2%… otherwise, it’s “for entertainment purposes only.”

Actually, I created databases in the 90’s, was part of several product launches, part of many Beta (and even Alpha) programs over the years. Pre-Order is VERY different then Beta or Alpha, at least it use to be. It seems that the tech industry has become horribly lax in RE to those things. Very sad.

So expecting what is advertised, and what is promised is “judging too harshly”? I was waiting for somebody like you to come along, and frankly, expected nothing less.
Obviously you’ve not been around Wyze products very long, nor purchased/used many of them. It is a pattern with Wyze… they continually launch “new products”, before/without ever taking the time to find/fix the bugs/issues/shortfalls in existing products. And try to focus customers on the “latest and greatest” instead of dealing with current product issues/problems.
I spent a significant amount of time trying to deal with them on the issue of their cameras destroying SD cards… Rather then find/fix the problem(s), they chose to jack me around for several MONTHS, before finally refunding my money in return for me stopping my contact/support requests. And to my knowledge, have never actually lifted a finger to find/fix the camera issue(s).
And now, here they are again…staying on the exact same heading.
“Pre_Order” IS NOT a BETA, It is a release of a product, that is deemed READY for that release… and obviously this product was/is not ready! Paying customers/clients ARE NOT “testers”. As I said before, cost is irrelevant. I don’t care if its $1 or $10000. if a product does meet the standards it has been advertised to meet…then there is a problem. And as has been noted… “Results may be approximate” is nothing more than a CYA maneuver. I personally agree with Psinergy… any more then a couple of points either way, and it should be labeled as “For entertainment only.”

If people like you can’t or won’t be part of the solution, then at least stop being part of the problem.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see you had a bad day. So that you know, I’ve had a Wyze Camera Pan since they released the model, and I’ve never had the slightest problem with it. My Wyze Cam v.3 has already shipped. When I had a question for the Wyze CS, I’d get a quick and informative reply. So there you go…

I fully support submitting suggestions of new and improved functions to the Wyze Wishlist, but I also calibrate my expectations.

Improve the background operation ability of the Wyze Watch

Details
Wyze Watch 47
Version 0.12.37

Currently, while using apps, the Wyze Watch [47] is able to display new incoming notifications over/in-front of the current app being used.

In addition to this, apps that have persistent activity (i.e.: heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, activity/fitness monitor), can be navigated away from by the user, without confirmation of cancellation of operations (unlike the timer; explained below).

However, although new incoming notifications are displayed over the the timer application while it is in use, the timer can not be navigated away from without the operation being cancelled. In practice, if notifications want to be viewed from the home clock face with a swipe down, this cannot be done without receiving the prompt “Do you want to cancel the timer? [✘] [✓]”.
— Three permutations here (noticed so far over four days of use) —
• Select [✘] = Unable to navigate away from timer while leaving the countdown active
• Ignore, selecting neither option = Interface powers off, defaults to home clock face, automatically cancelling active timer
• New incoming notification appears, failing to interact with the notification = repeat of result from point#2

Result remain the same after:
• Rebooting watch
• Re-pairing
• Paring to alternate devices

TO BE CLEAR, despite a moderator moving my post to this thread without prior notification, I am perfectly content with the build and core features of the newly released 44mm/47mm watch and am NOT advocating for a “Wyze Watch V2”, only software/U.I. improvements for the newly released 44mm and 47mm watches.

I’m glad that you seem to have never had any issues with your Wyze products. I wish I could say the same…and am sure many other do too.

However, I feel compelled to point out that it is individuals such as yourself, who are the enablers for Wyze, and other companies to present product claims of operation/performance that they simply do not deliver upon. What you call “calibrate my expectations” equates to giving companies a free pass to make claims about products and/or services that never come to fruition for those who have paid for them.
With all due respect, if you choose to allow companies to take your money, and not deliver upon their claims/promises, that’s you’re imperative, however, there are those of us who refuse to allow ourselves to be taken, and when a company has a history of not stepping up, it makes it all the more important to hold that company responsible.

Having a history of unresolved issues with Wyze products, I am simply unwilling to allow the undelivered upon claims to slide. I am not asking for anything extravagant, or unrealistic. I am simply demanding that the advertising claims and performance of a product that I have purchased, is what I receive. I am asking for no more then I demand from myself and the products I offer to my own clients/customers… a product that delivers the features and attributes promised, and will settle for no less from products that I purchase, including Wyze products, regardless of how little, or how much they cost.
A few isolated incidents of problems with a given product/device is going to happen, however, when you have a number experiencing the same issues, with the same product, it becomes a defect, and it is the duty of the company to address those problems/issues, and make it right with the paying customers.

1 Like

I received my replacement Watch, and have been testing it for a couple of days now… not much difference from the one I returned.

This particular watch seems to be more accurate with the blood 02 readings, but not by much. This one is consistently off to the high side 3-5 percentage points when compared to a calibrated oximeter. So slightly better ther.
The BIG downside, is that this particular watch WILL NOT EVER give me a blood 02 reading if worn in the traditional manner with the watch on the top of the wrist, and the band/buckle on the bottom of the wrist. When worn in that manner, all I ever get is “Please wear watch and try again”.
The ONLY way to acquire an actual reading is to wear this watch on the bottom of my wrist, with the band/buckle on top of my wrist.
Looks like all I accomplished was trading one set of problems/issues for another. :roll_eyes:
I’m gong to copy paste this post and send it off to Wyze Support… and likely wait another week before a reply. I keep trying to give Wyze a fair shake, but their products are simply not up to their claims…and always a disappointment.

You certainly realize that it’s not your watch that measures the ambient temperature? It’s the Wyze app in which you preselect your weather display location–and the weather reporting service that Wyze uses. Apple may have selected another service… For consistency I would just use NWS, but it’s me.

1 Like

RE the O2 monitoring, I was curious if this is a known problem with watch/wrist monitoring so did a bit of searching. Apparently the answer is “yes”. If you do a search on “are watch o2 monitors accurate” you will find quite a few articles talking about how wrist O2 monitoring is not nearly as accurate as fingertip monitoring for various technical reasons. All the articles I found were about the apple watch but the limitations are fundamental to the measurement technique and not specific to apple. Based on several articles I read, it seems likely that given current technology no wrist based monitoring is going to be as accurate as the fingertip monitoring. (I won’t attempt to summarize the reasons, the articles do a decent job of explaining how the measurements are made and why the wrist is not a good location)

I didn’t buy the watch for the O2 monitoring, so for me $20 is an excellent deal for the rest of the features, although of course I would like to see some enhancements. If you bought the watch specifically for the O2 monitoring and that features is a requirement for you, then I don’t think you’re going to find the wrist monitoring is sufficient for your needs. You can check out the articles and form you own opinion, but the experience you are describing aligns with the limitations the articles mention.

1 Like

I totally agree with your summary of the SpO2 situation. Where I may have been too conservative in my previous posts was the supposition that the watch battery could not support multiple SpO2 measurements, let’s say, overnight, similar to the HR measurement.

To test the rate of battery discharge, I was watching the battery charge indicator while I was repeatedly doing the SpO2 measurement: after 10 such subsequent measurements, the charge indicator remained at the initial 79% even after the connection with the watch was refreshed, and the SpO2 oscillated between 98 and 99%.

My preliminary conclusion is that the watch battery could comfortably support as yet unknown, but sufficient and useful number of serial SpO2 measurements, for example, every 30 minutes for 8 hours overnight, without unduly discharging the battery. I would not request a truly continuous measurement like the HR one, but a limited-duration, limited number of steps could be included to satisfy a good number of potential users of this function. Unless there is another unknown to us limiting factor…

A better quality lens, too. The stock one is very easily scratched.

Stopwatch
Watchfaces with complications
Music control
Tap to wake
Starbucks pay by QR code

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this issue as well, its strange b/c both my apple watch and Alexa seem to be tuned to the same weather information as they are usually consistent, but the Wyze watch weather is consistently “off”. I was able to get a better result by manually selecting cities around my area. I live in FL and I’m basically between 3 cities, the auto select was for 1 city that was always 5-10 degrees different from my other services, but manually selecting the other cities got me with 2-3 degrees compared to apple/alexa. Not a show stopper issue but its certainly annoying and since its just a subscribed service hopefully something Wyze can resolve.

Well, how do you know which weather service provides a correct temperature on your back porch–or was it your front porch? :slight_smile:

I somewhat agree with your statement…

But truth to be told if we wanted high precision instrument, we would get $700 Garmin watch which would have much more stable and on point results for spo2 measurements as well as the heart rate.
On the other hand $20 device, is something that you should expect with certainty to only show correct time and date in a colorful way. Let’s face it if you were to go to Walmart to buy a watch you would spend $20.
I do not expect that developers are going to fix any of the issues especially the ones of the technical nature considering they did not bother to create simple watch face for this device that doesn’t look like it has been drawn by 6 year old.

Oh, don’t lose all hope! First of all, if that $700 Garmin watch measured the SpO2 values on the wrist, which I suppose it does, its accuracy will still be limited by the wrist measurement location which seems to be inherently less accurate than at the fingertip–but the Garmin error is small: https://tinyl.io/3stS. The measurement is also affected by movement and the accuracy is typically lower at lower SpO2 values; see some relevant papers at wristvsfingertipspo2oximeteraccuracycomparison - Google Search.

Second, I believe that many users don’t realize that they watch band has to be quite tight to provide the best results , since this ensures a good contact between the sensor windows and the skin surface, and thus good diagnostic light beam transmission.

Third, the Wyze Watch developers are listening to our comments, bitching and wishes; when I asked the CS what’s up with that beyond-stupid timer setting making the watch inoperable in any other mode, I got the following response:

"As of the moment, once you start the timer on your watch you won’t be able to go to the other functions without stopping the timer. But no worries, I’ll let our product team know, but the best way to get ideas on our official Wishlist is through our forums where users can post and vote for feature requests. Our product team provides public updates as ideas and requests are reviewed. Take a look and post your idea or vote for similar ones so we have better visibility.

You can visit the Wishlist here: Wishlist - Wyze Forum"

Please add Calendar functionality to allow to see calendar events for a selected day/date. Also would be convenient to be able to display calendar month (day and date) and that would be a good way to then select a date to view calendar events for a specific date.

4 Likes

Glad to have my comment as #100. :slight_smile:
Just got my Wyze Watch 47 - not bad for the price. My inputs are:

1. The steps are certainly not accurate. Overestimated. Maybe accuracy check is a good and then push the software/firmware update.
  2. I connected a watch and found that only one watch can be added to onto a login / device. For a family with young kids, this restriction should be removed. BADLY needed.
  3. Provide an app on Kindle Fire. Wyze seems absent there.
  4. I connected successfully. Then found the one watch per login restriction. I deleted watch#1 and tried connecting watch#2 on my iphone. Then I changed my mind and tried connecting watch#1 again to my iphone. The result was that watch1 would simply not pair after scanning the barcode or with the manual entry of the 4-5 character code. I have an open ticket. No response in the last 2 days. Hopefully, the support team will get back to me. As a temporary, I deleted the paired device and then tried adding on another phone, it paired well. For my iPhone, I took another Wyze watch and that connected too. This looks like a bug for repairing a device that Wyze may want to fix soon.
    4b. There was no log since after deleting a device, its logs seem to disappear from the phone(s) too. This could be another improvement item to not delete logs of deleted devices…
  5. For women, the menstrual cycle option is good but should disable for some age range and only show up from settings. i.e. for girls below age X and for women above age Y, it is not needed.
  6. Provide bicycling option like there is a running option.
  7. Provide alert for specific weather condition while not in don’t disturb mode
  8. Like others have said, ability to listen to music on bluetooth could be a quick and VERY useful feature
  9. The belt quality could be looked at for allergen content. On the first day, my daughter got a minor reaction. Hopefully, it won’t persist.
  10. Unless we are deep sleepers, which we are not since we have a 9-month kid as well, the deep sleep percentage turns out to be much higher than averages published for normal adults (and even for my kid). The threshold logic could be revisited.
    As I get more observations, I will share them here…
    That being said, I have zero regrets so far for buying 6 watches… :slight_smile:
1 Like