Wyze Watch: Tap to wake

Would be nice to be able to Tap the Watch face to wake it up. The button press is nice, but instinct and other watches allows tapping on the face.

Damn they shouldā€™ve thought about this before launch.

5 Likes

I agree. But I believe it is something that can be added.

3 Likes

Since the raise wrist option doesnā€™t always work, how about programming a double tap on the screen to view?

6 Likes

I have had mine for 2 days now. day one I could flip my wrist and it would work. day 2 I canā€™t get the screen to come on at all unless I press the button. I guess for the price its fine, but quite annoying

2 Likes

I have had my watch 47 for a few days and this is one of the more annoying problems. Sometimes it works and other times it does not work. Tapping is a possible help but I would rather have it just work. Last night I found it waking when I put my hand down and with the face away from me and then shutting off when I raised it to look at it. I changed the settings so that it would think it was on my other arm and it started working (well at least when it does work) with face turning on so I could look at it. I would rather have it wake on a quick twist of the arm so when I am setting there and turn the face up to look at it, it would turn on the face.

1 Like

Double tap to wake and change time awake. Thanks. At cost of battery life but just have the option.

1 Like

Tap to wake should be a firmware update and not require hardware changes. The watch already has touch function. The watch needs sound tho. Vibration is so weak that it can barely be felt when using the alarms.

5 Likes

Vibration seems fine to me but yeah the same accelerometer that measures activity and wrist twisting should be able to register double taps to wake as well, Iā€™m really impressed with the watch so far but tap to wake would be great

4 Likes

Yes. The ā€œraise handā€ does not work consistently and the double click is awkward

4 Likes

Really needing double tap to wake the screen on the Wyze watch.

5 Likes

I agree, a tap or double tap would be nice. Raising oneā€™s hand does not always activate the watch.

5 Likes

I am informed by Wize support that ā€˜tap to wakeā€™ works on the Watch 47 but not on the 44. The only way to ā€˜wakeā€™ the watch is by pushing the side button or raising your arm if you have that function enabled. This doesnā€™t make any sense. The touch screen works for ā€˜slidingā€™ to the left or right or to the top or bottom, there is no reason why it shouldnā€™t be able to sense a ā€˜tapā€™. A firmware upgrade for Watch 44 needs to be made to enable ā€˜tap to wakeā€™ and also ā€˜tap-hold-slideā€™ to change the watch face.

1 Like

I have a 47 and it does not work. I will verify again in the event the latest FW update corrected this.

@JimAustin I retested and double tap on the 47 does not wake it up, at least on mine.

Wonder if anyone has success in double tappin gto wake.

No, it does not work on my 47, if wyze support said it did, they were wrong

figured as much :slight_smile:

The heptic feedback vibrations on my watch 44 are definitely too weak and the pulses too brief to be noticed unless youā€™re completely sitting still. Thatā€™s my biggest disappointment. Next would be that notifications donā€™t automatically wake the screen so you can see it (if you happen to feel the super weak vibration) hands free without raise to wake. Now you have to press a button and swipe to see a notification. So far the good old band is better in a bunch of departments, all except for the small screen,

I have the 47 watch, when a notification comes in, it wakes up and shows the information. Might be a difference between mine and the 44. I will monitor it though.

I have a feeling that will get resolved for the 44 by an update. Tap to wake for both sizes probably too. But, Iā€™m not sure if heptic feedback vibration intensity is something that can be changed/increased in a firmware update? Hope so, cause itā€™s barely noticeable imo unless youā€™re sitting on the couch doing nothing. The band has much more effective vibration, and Iā€™ll switch back I guess despite the tiny screen.

We just received an FW update, one of the items it states is increased vibration intensity. We shall see

2 Likes