Wyze Watch 47mm Firmware Beta Test 6/7/2021

This update basically broke my heartrate sensing ability.

Has the firmware corrected the inaccurate blood oxygen measurement? Can someone verify, please.

My battery life has seriously deteriorated I believe since the update. Yesterday I charged the watch fully to 100%. Put the watch on at 12:17 PM. It is now 23 hours later and the watch is down to 41%. Had this same issue two days ago and the watch completely died. It was actually difficult to charge after that incident but finally worked. I have the watch set at full bright. My activities were actually less than normal yesterday but when I first got the watch the battery lasted 5-6 days. I am getting better notifications and consistent Stretch notifications now. If the watch is busier recording my activities etc with this firmware and that is why the battery runtime is less that would semi be OK… however only having one charger make this issue huge. The watch died when I was away for the charger and I had to wait to return home. You guys need to sell chargers.

I don’t know about everyone else, but the weather app still does not update in a timely manner.

My battery life is bad as well.

Update: Watch went from 41% at 11 am yesterday to dead at 6 am today

Great, can we schedule oxygen measurements now?

1 Like

How to update to firmware version 0.12.48 to my watch? my watch firmware ver. is 0.12.43

Run Wyze App > Select Watch. If it doesn’t prompt you to update, then continue to “… menu” > Firmware Version

I did that, it’s telling me “Everything’s good, you’re updated” showing version 0.12.43

This is Beta firmware, so if you are sure you want to participate in testing and reporting any bugs with this untested version of the firmware, go to Account tab > Account > About > Beta Program > Edit and select Wyze Watch 47. That will enable you to see Beta firmware updates when you do the standard firmware update.

Ah OK, does this Beta firmware permit scheduling oxygen measurements?

The changes are listed in the 1st panel above:

So continuing the battery tests: All settings the same as previous but raise to wake turned off completely and it looks like I’m going to hit about 10-11 days with brightness set to max. I’m at 34% right now so by the end of tomorrow I think I’ll be around 25, maybe a bit higher.

Unfortunately, it’s really not as convenient without raise to wake so I guess I’ll just be happy with high brightness and charge every 4 days. Would really be great if the brightness could regulate itself, I only need high when I’m outside or driving.

2 Likes

Turning Raise-to-wake off on my Band works great, because I can touch the screen to get it to light up. I can do that when my hands aren’t free by touching my arm or my leg. With the watch I have to have a hand free so I can press the button. That makes me want to wear the Band instead.

My biggest problem with the battery life is with no change in settings it changed from 8-10 days to 4-6 days. Above I wrote about a bug I found where Raise-to-Wake isn’t restricted in hours when I ask it to be, so hopefully they will fix that, and that will be the issue, lol.

Has anyone using this FW with the latest Beta app notice the app causing a battery drain on their phone? My iPhone battery statistics show the Wyze app taking up 30% of my battery while working in the background. Total of 2m active screen time, the rest background activity. I’m currently force closing the app to save my phone’s battery life.

1 Like

I am using the latest App, as of today it is Production release.

Android app Version: 2.21.25
Watch 47 Version: 0.12.48
Phone Type: Pixel 5

I have the following notifications set

• Phone calls
  • Wyze
  • GMail
  • Deco
I also have Heart rate set to continuous monitoring

I am not experiencing any Battery Drain. At the end of the day I have 70+ battery remaining. I get a lot of Alerts / Notifications from the Camera’s and Text Messages as well.

Any guess on when this will be officially released? When physically distancing the watch from the phone and needing to open the Wyze app in order to reconnect is a minor annoyance.

Hopefully, in the next update the message notifications will be addressed. Break out and identify messages by something other than “other.”

Allow for outlook calendar/task notifications.

This would make my watch much better!

1 Like

Im having an issue where the watch randomly reboots itself. Sometimes while in the middle of a notification. If thats the case the screen goes black and it vibrates at full intensity for two to three minutes (plugging in to power and buttons dont stop this. Just have to let it run its course)

Have done reboot on watch a few times - no go.
Have also run battery to 0 and fully recharged - no go.

Log 234720

It started well after I loaded this firmware so It may be unrelated, but throwing it out there in case others are seeing it.

Doing a factory reset right now and will update post with findings.

On my brand new watch I got there are still battery problems. Also, I have had the watch vibrate like crazy as well. They def need to fix this stuff! This watch has great potential but they are sure taking their time…