Wyze Watch 47 - Notifications

Probably a stupid question, did you go to the TestFlight app on your iOS Device and install the test version of the app?

Note: the current watch FW version is 12.43, that is what I am using. The App may need to be updated.

Here is what I see there:

Yes, that is what I have done. This has also changed the app title to Wyze beta. No stupid questions if it gets this to work. So far no luck. They have offered to allow me to return the watch. I will see if I can exchange it.

Yea, If they are willing to exchange, I would do that. it should work. I have not paired mine to my iOS device as my daily driver is Android. But I know a few other forum members who may have. I will reach out to them and see.

Nothing with my iPhone

Just had one of my Forum Buddies check his iOS watch with the Watch 47. He paired the watch and made sure the Notification was turned on for the app and he is receiving notifications as expected. So, it may be a watch issue and if they are willing to exchange, I would do it.

Is he running a beta version or retail version of the firmware?

My forum buddy is running the Wyze Beta, and @ryan_toney is as well. But he can can confirm this as well.

Just want to confirm that they’re receiving text messages/iMessages? That’s the only thing weirdly not showing up on iOS. When it’s sync to my android phone all is well

I have an iOS phone I test on. However, the watch is paired to my Android as my daily driver. So, have not paired it to my iOS.

The buddy just tested :grinning:

No text notifications on iOS

I’ll play some more

1 Like

I just made this change and started getting texts… give it a try and see if you get the same results.

Also I went into the app and the watch was not connected. I sent a test text with the WYZE app open and got a text so it’s one of the 2 changes that caused the notification to happen on the watch.

2 Likes

Thanks for helping, I really appreciate this. Guess I need to connect mine to my iPhone as well. :slight_smile:

This worked!!!

1 Like

Glad to hear.

Got another watch from Wyze and still no notifications. I am going to remove my apple watch from my phone this afternoon and then add the watch. This shouldn’t matter but this is frustrating and I hope to figure it out. I’ll called Wyze immediately when I realized I was experiencing the same thing and was asked to screenshot the notification setting within the app and reply to my open ticket. I sent this Tuesday at 5 pm CT and have not gotten a response yet. I have tried and checked all settings everyone has suggested and still getting all notifications except text.

Tell us the exact make and model of your phone, the names of the applications you’re not getting notifications from …not just texting but the actual application name you use.

It makes a difference if it’s a third party app or from your phone network provider.

For this the watch is just like the monitor on your computer it really doesn’t do much for this but only show you what your phone tells it to.

This is an Iphone 12 and everything is updated and current. It is apple text messages, doesn’t matter if it is an iMessage or SMS. Sprint is the provider. All notifications, calendar reminders, email notification, facebook messenger etc all work. Everything except text notifications.

Have you seen this.
iPhone users: Go to your phone’s settings and tap Notifications. Scroll down to Messages, then scroll down to Options. When you tap Show Previews, either choose Always or When Unlocked. If Never is selected, your iPhone won’t push the messages to a paired device.

1 Like

My setting is for always.

Just tried installing this on my wife’s same setup and no go as well.