What a disaster of a product as it is currently. Hopefully some updates will add better/community watchfaces, and address some issues below.
I pre-ordered one for me and six more for my staff (photographers), but I just requested a return on all of them.
- screen looks great indoors
- when raising wrist to see time it only works 30-50% of the time
- have to pause with arm in front of your face, it takes a solid second to come on once done moving
- screen nearly impossible to see in sunlight
- can’t glance down to see time. Screen doesn’t stay on full time (even in a low light mode), I understand its because of battery.
- watch face selection is sparse - also, needs to add watch battery. Weather would also be nice
- notifications don’t show emojis
- only one button - the swipe navigation is annoying and only works maybe 75% of the time.
- heartbeat sensor didn’t work on top of wrist for me, only bottom. Maybe that’s all smart watches?
- cheap build quality, When I went to factory reset the watch the side button popped off and won’t go back on. Just wow…
My smartwatch history is with the kickstarter Pebble and now still using a Pebble Time that just won’t die. It has an always on screen, 10 day battery life and can see it perfectly in the sunlight. Other than that, it’s a ancient no frills smartwatch and I can’t wait to get something better to replace it with. The Wyze Watch 47 is NOT IT,
I love Wyze products and most of them are bang on - I have been using the v2 cams in my business for years. I especially love the robot vacuum with my 2 dogs. The watch 47 should have been 2-3x the cost and actually been good. If you’ve never used a smartwatch before, maybe you’ll think this is a good product?? And no, it isn’t “good for the price”. It’s cutting too many corners and the final experience is awful as it is currently. I look forward to watch v2.