Wyze Watch 47 band chemicals burned my skin

Did anyone else have a horrible skin reaction to the Wyze Watch? It burned my skin and caused my skin to peel. I have not worn it in a week and my arm is still not completely healed.

4 Likes

I had the same problem, I no longer sleep in it.

3 Likes

I also as well had a bad reaction

1 Like

Welcome @brandonrowell79!
I have not had any skin irritation caused by the watches.
Do you know if the skin irritation caused by the band rubbing or an allergic reaction to the silicone band?

1 Like

You can buy replacement bands. Wyze watch bands are standard 22mm watch bands.

1 Like

I have not had such a reaction personally, and I have 3 Wyze time pieces on my arm ATM for testing (Band, 44, & 47). So, individual allergic sensitivities may apply here.

I look like a watch street vendor, lol. “Wanna buy a watch?”

6 Likes

Same here. If I take it off every few days for a day or two it prevents this.

Re: Rash from Wyze wrist band.

I notice four red bruised dots like a heat rash on my wrist and it is due to the Wyze sylicone band since i would wear it day and night.

Now i cannot wear it because the bruse is not healing.

I will switch to my other hand and see what happens. I also noticed dead skin cells stick to the sylicon wrist band and it is difficult to wash off.

I love my Wyze watch and am married to it but I will divorce it if this problem continues. Hmmmmmm… $17 for a leather watch band onto a $20 watch? Might be the solution since leather is Breathable.

1 Like

I had something similar but found loosening the strap solved the issue. I wear mine day and night but take it off when showering. Now I keep my watch just snug against my wrist but I can easily spin it to reposition the watch, and as far as I know all my sensor readings have been the same.

I had what looks like a chemical burn also. Swapped the band out to a nylon style band and haven’t had any issues.

My wrist was Gray! !-on the solid side but not on the punched side . Wore 24/7 monitoring irregular heartbeat. For medical reasons.

1 Like

Chinese plastic…My watch is in the draw and staying there.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Replacement Band for Wyze Watch

Yeah the products keep getting worse and worse with Wyze don’t they

Thank you!

3 Likes

Also have a reaction, taking it off for a day or two cleared this up for me when I was wearing the watch. But it’s not so much bumps as it looks like rubbing irritation. I’ve tried loose and tight.

As far as buying a different band… This watch isn’t worth the money (however low the price was) in the first place. Much less so if I also have to buy a different band.

I take it out every once in a while when I see a new firmware came out, but that’s not incredibly often.

1 Like

Why mine is in the draw…This Company needs to Focus on a Core Product line (and get it RIGHT!!!)…At this point Wyze is a Toy Company.

1 Like

Ditto. Same here!

I wear my 47mostly 24/7. Seems to be the lack of “breathing” due to the smooth silicon. My irritation seems to occur right where the small :retainer band (that holds the excess strap down) sits.

My solution is to order a set of 3 different color nylon bands from Amazon for $11 to use on this and a couple other watches that I wear.

The Wyze Watch has proven to be very useful as I recover from hip replacement surgery - especially for monitoring quality of sleep as I recover.

1 Like

I would contact a lawyer

Thank you

Please submit this to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
https://www.cpsc.gov/

1 Like

I’ve never had a skin reaction with any silicone watch strap, until I got the Wyze Band. I can’t even wear it anymore and because of this decided against buying the Wyze Watch. Considering their ties with China I have no doubt their straps are not 100% silicone, at least not medical grade silicone. And too many people are having skin issues from them for it to be a coincident. Remember, it wasn’t that long ago that Chinese made baby toy products were found to have lead in them. And I doubt their practice has changed much. Look, I don’t care where a product is manufactured as long as it’s safe. And as I said, I’ve never had a skin reaction to a silicone watch strap before until I got my Wyze Band. And at first I didn’t the people that were having skin issues from the straps, until it happened to me.

1 Like