I bought Watch 44 to replace my aging mi band. Here is my feeling after one week of use.
First the good part:
The hardware is amazing for a $20 smart watch, very good build quality. To me, it has a premium feel. Really a good job for the hardware. Yes I know it has a large breeze, but what can you expect from a $20 watch?
Pretty fantastic watch right? I was pretty excited too until I sit down and start to use it. I ran into a lot of issues, mostly due to half baked, buggy software.
- Alarm. I set the alarm to 7:45 AM, and it vibrates RIGHT AT 8:45 AM!!! What a bug! My guess is it mixed up daylight saving. Also, I can’t set the alarm using the Wyze app (have to use the watch), which is not convenient.
- Connect to Wyze app. When I open the watch in Wyze app, first it shows disconnected and then start to connecting. Not really a big issue. But when the app tries to connect to app, it almost always failed to connect to watch the first time. I only had one success in first try. Sometimes I have to try multi times to get it connect to my watch.
- Data sync to app. Sometimes when the app finishes sync to watch, the data tab overview shows correct data, but when I click one item, e.g. Sleep, the detail view for today shows no data.
- Step tracking is far from accurate. When I get up, the watch shows I’ve walked 197 steps today. Maybe I dream walked in my bed? The steps on my watch shows like 5000 steps while my phone tells me I only walked like 2500 steps.
- Sleep tracking is not accurate as well. Sometime I wake up in the morning (like 7 am), and go back to sleep for another hour. The watch shows me I didn’t sleep after 7. I didn’t wear another device to compare, but this already tells me the sleep tracking is not accurate.
- The swipe right gesture to go back doesn’t work many times.
- Notification for many apps doesn’t show app name, instead show “Other apps”. Also there is no option to show notifications from all apps.
- And many more small areas that can improve.
Overall, I feel the software is really not in a ready state. I hope later firmware and software updates can address most of those issue, or else the watch is just a cheap and good looking garbage.