Wyze Video Doorbell - Wireless battery version

Very excited for a no-wires / no-drilling version of the video doorbell !!

Hoping thereā€™s a little drilling so it can be securely mounted to my house. Donā€™t want it ripped off.

Awesome! Canā€™t wait!

Yes like RING has a no-drill mount plate for those who leave in apartment and cannot drill

Looking forward it too !!

The original video doorbell shouldnā€™t have required disconnecting the existing powered chime. I hope the battery-powered video doorbell will also be able to be recharged continuously via the standard (12-volt?) doorbell transformer, like my Ring doorbell which I want to replace (terrible video quality, terrible connectivity, but always fully charged!).

My ring 2 does is not wired, as my house was built with a wireless doorbell so no wires. The trouble with my ring doorbell is that it misses 1/2 the people that come to my door. I have been on the phone with Amazon and they can connect to your doorbell and set the settings for you. So it is nothing I am doing wrong.
Then my battery instead of lasting 5 or 6 months, started lasting 2 weeks. I called them up and they told me it was the battery, I got a new battery but that one drains in two weeks as well.
I canā€™t wait for the wyze doorbell as it will probably be 1/3 the cost. But I am worried about the 10 minutes delays I get for notifications with my wyze sensors and camera, that it will carry over to the doorbell. I am hoping the doorbell uses the new security hub that should clear up my problem.

Yeah, I have a lot of quality-control issues with Ring and would like to transition away from them. My doorbell also misses people, and it lacks a ā€œpre-rollā€ feature to record several seconds before the alert. Ring tells me this is to preserve battery lifeā€¦on a wired doorbellā€¦go figure!

thanks so much from a large part of your Wyze community who have been eagerly waiting for this announcement! Canā€™t wait to buy severalā€¦

1 Like

Also, should have a way of securely being attached. Thereā€™s been cases in my area of people just stealing the ring cameras.

Please excuse any typos, on mobile.

Ring will replace any stolen camera for free.

1 Like

That is great news. I have wireless doorbellā€˜s already through another company. The product does work good when it works. I cannot get wired doorbells to work there because I have no power. I would love to have the wise doorbell but it takes power

Yay! Looking forward to the product!

Me too, for some odd reason my ring 2 is burning through batteries. The battery will last less than a week. I got a new one thinking the battery was the issue, but nope. So now I just keep one charged and swap them out every two weeks. I hope Wyze does make one of these things. I think it will sell better than a cordless vacuum cleaner.

Ditto! Wireless doorbell option is a must.

I also ordered my Wyze doorbell to replace my Ring 2, which has terrible audio and video quality and huge latency, as well as a lack of ā€œpre-rollā€ (does the Wyze have pre-roll??). Yes, I have power, but would still prefer a battery backed-up doorbell with constant charging like the Ring 2. And having the battery should eliminate the need for disconnecting and shunting the original chime.

But be careful what you wish for! A rechargeable battery will add a lot of additional size and weight.

I was waiting for the wyze wireless as well as my 2 year old ring 2 doorbell was eating the battery every two to three weeks. I bought a new battery but the same results. I got no help online but when I bitched in a Ring forum, I got a email to call them and I did. They sent me a brand new ring 2 doorbell free of charge to replace my out of warranty doorbell.

I would like video doorbell that is powered over USB. I have a line I can use but my house has never had a hardwired doorbell so no transformer. The wall around my door is all brick and I canā€™t be messing with drilling through that.

1 Like

In a older house that does not have power - really need to have a battery option.

2 Likes

My house was built in the '80s But there is no electrical ran to either front/back doors either.

Chris

2 Likes