Wyze Video Doorbell - Wireless battery version

MOD EDIT:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-video-doorbell-wireless-battery-version/125512/118?u=wyzegwendolyn

Please add Battery option to the next release of the Video Doorbell, and if possible, add an optional battery pack for the current release.

Thanks for all your great work!!! :smiley: :+1:

Please add your own thoughts, comments, and use case scenarios to add importance to this topic. I’m sure there are creative Wyze users out there that have great reasons to add this that might not have been considered. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yes please come with battery version of video door bell and it should have option for extra battery pack and SD Card too

13 Likes

Battery option for the Wyze doorbell or 2nd version in the future. For those who live in an apartment, etc which does not have a preinstalled doorbell/allow drilling having the Wyze doorbell battery operated would be beneficial.

10 Likes

Yes I agree with you . I hope Wyze comes up with battery version too.

6 Likes

Great job to all wyze team .you are amazing…but please make the next bell self powered,a little bigger and at least 1 year battery life…amazing job ,affordable,line of products .
I have Recommended wyze to more than 20 friends and families…

3 Likes

Yes please! I would buy this in a heartbeat

4 Likes

This is a great opportunity to see WYZE coming out with a doorbell. But there’s a disadvantage for some people who do not have the hardwired doorbell on their home. Wyze is missing out on reaching out to customers in this situation. A battery option is highly recommended just like the RING doorbell. The other advantage and convenience are keeping all product running to one app instead of multi apps.

I hope someone from engineering is reading this.
I also hope someone else agrees to the lack of some homes without the hardwired doorbell wiring.

6 Likes

Can you please make a wireless doorbell as my apartment doesn’t have wired doorbell’s

9 Likes

Same here . Even I want the wireless door bell which is battery operated and has SD card slot

4 Likes

True I wished the video doorbell was wireless

5 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

|The new doorbell looks amazing. Wish it was wireless like the new outdoor cam or come with that feature for people who stay in apartments complexities and are too short to reach the peephole.|

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a Wyze doorbell and just figured they would realize most of their customers are probably in rentals and can’t make permanent installation of their products. I mean they made their cameras with magnetic mounts. Sadly I will have to stick with my Ring Doorbell 2 with a battery. As you can see it was easy to install without having to change anything in my apartment. $5 bucket, $5 concrete, and a wood post, no damage to my rental, and easily moved to any place I move.

3 Likes

A peephole battery powered camera would be a lot better as it requires the least amount of drilling (even if your door doesn’t have a peephole).

3 Likes

I waited a long time for the doorbell announcement only to be disappointed that it is hardwired only. Please, would love to purchase a rechargeable, battery powered doorbell similar to the outdoor cam.

5 Likes

Agree. I am not pre-wired

4 Likes

Really would be a nice addition to have a wireless doorbell that is not hardwired.

7 Likes

Agree w asmodeus. Challenge Ring in the marketplace

5 Likes

Agree, Now, it’s really very important to buy wireless products. Thanks

5 Likes