Wyze Video Doorbell Pro & Sense Hub Firmware Beta Test 2/21/2022

Sounds like a plan… However, do you think the update would have caused issue if you were only using the hub and not HMS? The update was to the Hub.

I edited my statement above for more clarity… but yes, I believe it would. HMS just uses the devices associated to the WSH and monitors their state at time of 'Armed Stay/Away".

With or without monitoring the WSH is what has been affected.

1 Like

Update:

My sensors have come back and are operating properly. All of them.

Rules working as well.

Still not getting any audible notification on any setting from the Wyze Sense Hub when a contact sensor has been opened.

Tried adding a new motion sensor twice and it failed both times, it did time out this time.
Update

Tried Adding a New Flood Sensor, it failed.

Tried adding a new Contact Sensor V2, it failed.

2 Likes

Mine still aren’t working. :frowning:

wonder what is different or of things are working itself out. Oh well, I shall wait for a reply from Wyze on this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble. We will investigate the sensor issue on HMS beta firmware and resolve it ASAP. Thank you so much for posting the issue.

4 Likes

Update resulted in Tune settings for Entry sensors changed to “Off” and unable to reset to "On. Attempting to change Tune setting to “On” results in a 5 second “spin”, display appears to have accepted the change, back out one level, re-enter Tune Settings, Tune setting is “Off”. Entry sensor contact break confirms no Tune sound from Hub.

Log ID: 478603

Update: FYI… performed a Hub reset… no change, problem still exists.

I HATE to have been right in this case…but I love the following idea to offset this for future testing:

I am going to look into getting a second hub now so I can feel free to help out with beta firmware tests without risking compromising the hub that I use for HMS and critical automations. Thanks for the idea my friends! Earlier this year I saw some Home Depots had starter kits for like $20-$30, but mine were sold out too fast. Going to keep an eye out for a good deal on another hub so I can feel more free to help out with the hub again.

Thanks for sharing this idea guys. We definitely need people testing these things, having a backup hub should address my concerns there.

3 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeBaohua

Just got home and looked at the Hub, now the lights keep pulsating one at a time. Looks like left to right and relatively quickly. Will add a video shortly. The hub shows offline as well. I just did a soft-reset to see if it will connect again…

Edit - here is the video

Soft-Reset cleared it but still have issues.

2 Likes

@WyzeBaohua @WyzeAndy

Got up this morning and the sensors connected to the Hub and the Hub seems to be functioning, including the Rules associated with the sensors. Not sure if it is 100% fixed, but things are working now.

Did some basic testing, went into the hub and noticed some of my Tune Settings may have changed. I tried to turn them back on but cannot. Tune Settings are not sticking or being saved.

I updated and so far I’ve not experienced any issues. I’ve got 2 V2 contact sensors, 1 V1 contact and motion sensor and 2 V2 sensors connected and working fine.

Not tested audio or adding a new sensor though.

1 Like

Today woke up to the lights flashing in series and nothing working.

Rebooted the WSH 3 times, it finally came back online, now it is back to where it was yesterday.

Still not getting any audible notification on any setting from the Wyze Sense Hub when a contact sensor has been opened.

Tried adding a new motion sensor twice and it failed both times, it did time out this time.
Update

Tried Adding a New Flood Sensor, it failed.

Tried adding a new Contact Sensor V2, it failed.

After attempting to add teh devices the three lights are blinking together

On a separate note, the secondary Wyze Sense Kit I ordered yesterday… arrived today :astonished: :exploding_head: That’s some fast shipping!

Nothing is working today, this actually started last night but I gave it over night before updating.

Sensors are not responding, therefore no rules are executing and the hub is in a reboot loop.

When the hub is restarting over and over again in between I hear a faint gurgling sound coming from the speaker.

In the latest round of troubleshooting I also brought down my router and WAP for good measure. This had no impact

New Log Submitted
LOG ID 480432
@WyzeAndy @WyzeBaohua

2 Likes

Update Today:

Sensors are back to working
Rules Back to Working

Tunes and changing the status of tunes are not working

But I was able to test the Alarm (in test Mode) and Prompts, Count downs, and Sirens are working.

As a side note:
I did setup my secondary WSH (for automation/testing and not associated to the HMS system) and added a number of sensors. All working well. This device is on the original firmware 4.32.2.123, and for what it is worth. There is a clear difference in the High Volume between the two.

3 Likes

All same here, and also can’t add/reset sensors.

1 Like

Yea, when I tried those actions in the past days is when my WSH would go all wonkie (well, wonkier), I stopped trying those actions until further notice :wink:

Curious as if your lights on the WSH were all blinking at the same time after failed attempts to add devices?

2 Likes

The lights were cycling left to right while attempting to add new or reset existing sensors. When attempt timed out, lights went back to all 3 solid on. Tried v1 and v2 contact and v2 motion sensors. Tried with hub connected via Ethernet and WiFi. Reset the hub twice and powercycled comm gear each time. Add/reset feature is kaput as well as everything related to chime/Tune.

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing the same. When the lights blink I want to try to fix something, and I get fixated on it.

My power is limited in this space, and so I had to have the left shoulder say, just stop :smile:

I have been granted the wisdom to accept the things I cannot change
Just monitor and report it :wink:

2 Likes

Why is it that Wyze releases such buggy beta code? Shouldn’t this be at least close to a final release product? It seems to me that most of the time they haven’t fixed the problems the beta firmware is intended to fix and frequently it adds new problems. Wyze seems to have a serious QA problem.

I have found the Beta firmware releases for most products to be fairly stable.

The main ones I am careful with are the hub firmware (which seems to more frequently have severe issues), since I only have one hub and it is fairly important and central to all my automations…and once in a while some hiccups with some of the camera firmware, though that’s usually not too bad most of the time, and I feel safe in being able to flash those devices back if necessary, so I usually test a few unimportant ones first and if successful then I do the rest, if not successful, I can just flash them back to production…but can’t do that for the hub, so while I only have 1 hub I am now a lot more careful with it ever since that one firmware early on where you and I and others had so many problems with the hub freezing up. Now I wait until reports indicate it is safe first.

I’ll probably get a second hub in the near future and take more risks with that one, but not with my main critical hub anymore.

1 Like

Are you guys still having problems with your hubs on this firmware? Or did Wyze fix some server related issue with it so it works fine now? Because I just saw message that this same Hub firmware is being pushed out to production and the general public and I haven’t heard whether your issues got resolved or whether we’re about to have a ton of upset Wyze users with the same issues:

1 Like